Longstaff Brothers Dim

wykikitoon

Who is the shithouse then? :lol:

Love how he is still running with the BUJ moniker despite him being the runaway player of the season 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Love how he is still running with the BUJ moniker despite him being the runaway player of the season 

He doesn’t deserve a Joelintony yet.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Oof! Why do you even pretend to be this idiotic when it comes to typing out letters that should lead to words? 

Woah! What, when, why,, and how is the Fulwell End? Figure out punctuation!   :MITRO: Attendance Records!

DQE-6-Xz-Wk-AEYnmg.jpg

Womp, womp essembee...

Shite poster with an absolute dire opinion, if only there was at least one way to back up your ineptitude!

Seething? 😂😂😂 Fingers crossed at least one poster can understand your next post and explain it to us.

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Seething? 😂😂😂 Fingers crossed at least one poster can understand your next post and explain it to us.

He thinks you’re pointless, repetitive and pointless. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

What? Admit he was wrong about something you mean? :D 

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He thinks you’re pointless, repetitive and pointless. 

And repetitive 

• Haha 4

On 01/05/2022 at 12:39, Howay said:

I guess the bit that confuses me is the players people have listed as us getting rid of and we need depth aren’t in the squad. He’s clearly the worst CM in our current 25, and I’m really hoping we plan to add at least 1 CM in the summer as most of our current group aren’t good enough. So where does he fit in? 

Maybe the plan is to sign him on a deal so we can get money for him? But I’m not sure that would be the case, and then he could opt to just sit on the deal. 

Is he the worst?

I might be biased, contrary or just wrong, but I think there's a player in S.Longstaff who could surpass Shelvey and Willock. He's got better mobility than the former and a better range of passing than the latter. I think he needs coaching, for sure, but I don't think he's doomed to the scrap heap just yet. We could absolutely buy better than him, but I think he's a better option from the bench than Shelvey, at least.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Is he the worst?

I might be biased, contrary or just wrong, but I think there's a player in S.Longstaff who could surpass Shelvey and Willock. He's got better mobility than the former and a better range of passing than the latter. I think he needs coaching, for sure, but I don't think he's doomed to the scrap heap just yet. We could absolutely buy better than him, but I think he's a better option from the bench than Shelvey, at least.

That’s more hope than anything at this point imo. He’s shown basically nothing in almost 4 years at this point, even since Howe come in. Hopefully you’re right, but I just think he’s a championship level player tbh. 

• Like 1

i mean if you are extending contracts for the likes of longstaff and dummet, they surely have to be short term, see how they go-type extensions. don't want to be tied down to them long term

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i mean if you are extending contracts for the likes of longstaff and dummet, they surely have to be short term, see how they go-type extensions. don't want to be tied down to them long term

4 Years for SL.  That's two years too long IMO

Just now, wykikitoon said:

4 Years for SL.  That's two years too long IMO

doesn't make any sense to me. two years with the option of a third if he hits a certain number of first team appearances would be much more sensible 

We don't know what's being observed on the training pitch. A little over 6 months ago the majority of us would have happily seen Joelinton flogged for £12-15m. Unlike the previous coaching team, I trust the judgement of this one. If they're seeing fit to award a new contract, it won't just be on a whim. 

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

We don't know what's being observed on the training pitch. A little over 6 months ago the majority of us would have happily seen Joelinton flogged for £12-15m. Unlike the previous coaching team, I trust the judgement of this one. If they're seeing fit to award a new contract, it won't just be on a whim. 

6 months ago most of us would have took £2-£5m.  I don't think anyone would have dreamed of getting over £10m for him at that point.

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

new contract, ok. four years though? has he earned that? 

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

6 months ago most of us would have took £2-£5m.  I don't think anyone would have dreamed of getting over £10m for him at that point.

Exactly. He's any example I'm using to conveniently make the point but it is valid. We only see what goes on on the pitch and where Longstaff is concerned, that's nothing more than a few minutes here and there. What they're seeing on the training ground may fully justify their decision to award him a new contract. As I said I trust the current coaching setup to make the correct calls. I can't think of a demonstrable example of where they've got it wrong so far.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

new contract, ok. four years though? has he earned that? 

Well for starters, it's reported in the Times. NOTHING has been confirmed beyond that but secondly, are we in a better position than the coaching team to determine that he HASN'T earned it?

Joe & Krafth have come on leaps and bounds.  Doesn't it speak a lot that a forward in Joe is starting ahead of SL?  I just don't see any improvement from him.

He did have an excellent game against Chelsea but I'm struggling to think of anything else anywhere near that that clearly justifies this. 

• Like 1

I think like others have said though.  This contract isn't out of tightness so we have to trust Howe etc.  I just think 4 years that is reportedly being touted is too long.  I just haven't see him improve enough to justify that.  He's probably on peanuts anyways and is a better (just) option than Haydn. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well for starters, it's reported in the Times. NOTHING has been confirmed beyond that but secondly, are we in a better position than the coaching team to determine that he HASN'T earned it?

as a longterm nufc supporter/sufferer/poster i'm in a position to say whatever i please

based on what i've seen of him the past few years, i'd say he hasn't earned a four year deal. i'm not against giving him a short-term extension. i can understand a two year deal. four years seems generous and a gamble. perhaps he's pulling up trees in training, but then why not play him more? we have been burned recently by giving lengthy contracts to the likes of gayle. i hope we don't regret doing the same here. 

if he is given another four years, i'll be delighted if longstaff prove me wrong. just as i was with joelinton. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

as a longterm nufc supporter/sufferer/poster i'm in a position to say whatever i please

based on what i've seen of him the past few years, i'd say he hasn't earned a four year deal. i'm not against giving him a short-term extension. i can understand a two year deal. four years seems generous and a gamble. perhaps he's pulling up trees in training, but then why not play him more? we have been burned recently by giving lengthy contracts to the likes of gayle. i hope we don't regret doing the same here. 

if he is given another four years, i'll be delighted if longstaff prove me wrong. just as i was with joelinton. 

Krafth is playing because of the situation with Trippier.  I get that.  But let's all be honest.  Joe isn't a midfielder.  Longstaff is.  If he had shown anything in training he would have surly been starting more games.