Walks with Dogs

Christmas Tree

Lovely day out with the dog today.

Started off with a walk around Chopwell woods, then a short drive to Derwent reservoir for Hot Chocolate and a mini walk, followed by lunch in the Lord Crewe Arms in Blanchland.

This pub / hotel / restaurant was absolutely superb. Totally dog friendly and even brought a big bowl of water over to the table for the dog. Staff and food were top notch.

Going to start having quite a few trips out with the wife and dog, and as I have a taxi, dog must ride in the back. This lead to the purchase of a Travall dog barrier. Pricey, but an excellent bit of kit.

B8426947-DF92-4717-B22E-F6DF45724762.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wait is CT a Labrador and I’ve only just found out!? 

Mental. 

Im not sure if this is referring to the dog or this is one of those urban phrase thingys that has woodshed me. :lol: 

Btw, thanks for the Durham railway line walks suggestion. I googled it an saw there was about 10 to go at so will definitely be giving them a go. 👍

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Dates back to about 1185 I think the plaque said.

👍🏻Right, I’ve seen it referenced in some historic britain post on Instagram or something like that. 

Get yourself on Amazon and search for circular walks in Northumberland. There's some decent books and they give good info on distance, how difficult, how hilly etc. 

They'll also tell you if they're dog friendly. 

Edited by Gemmill

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Im not sure if this is referring to the dog or this is one of those urban phrase thingys that has woodshed me. :lol: 

Btw, thanks for the Durham railway line walks suggestion. I googled it an saw there was about 10 to go at so will definitely be giving them a go. 👍

shepherd and shepherdess is only a stones throw off the old railway track nr beamish/no place. (presuming yous are talking about the old tracks that ran from consett to newcastle??)

also back to the derwent moors... the waskerley way is a lovely walk, however you'll be disappointed if you fancied calling in to the moorcock for a pint, some twat's turned it in to a house!  :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

however you'll be disappointed if you fancied calling in to the moorcock for a pint, some twat's turned it in to a house!  :(

Is that the one on the way to Kielder? 

You’ll be glad to know that just a bit further up, at Falstone, the Black Cock is very popular. 

creepy-guy-behind-plant.gif

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Get yourself on Amazon and search for circular walks in Northumberland. There's some decent books and they give good info on distance, how difficult, how hilly etc. 

They'll also tell you if they're dog friendly. 

Cheers. I’ve googled plenty but it’s nice to get a first hand recommendation. 👍