Walks with Dogs

Christmas Tree

Back up at Derwent reservoir last night as it was just about perfect weather for stargazing :lol: 

Laid out in the pitch dark on a picnic table staring billions of years back in time :lol: 

Followed by hot chocolate at my new favourite pub.

The little things in life :) 

5A70DCD7-39E6-49FA-96CB-5593A83F85D6.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

When did they invent keto friendly hot chocolate?

:lol: Rules are there to be broken!

Seriously though, I don’t think I’ve had any alcohol since December, I’m on one meal a day and am currently 1 stone 1 pound lighter than December.

Soon……

42681486-EF36-4601-AC6F-9DDF2475B673.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Back up at Derwent reservoir last night as it was just about perfect weather for stargazing :lol: 

Laid out in the pitch dark on a picnic table staring billions of years back in time :lol: 

Followed by hot chocolate at my new favourite pub.

The little things in life :) 

5A70DCD7-39E6-49FA-96CB-5593A83F85D6.jpeg

There’s not going to be anything rude if I zoom in on them is there? 

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

me and.mrs bd took the dogs out yesterday morning to our usual spot at dowdeswell woods about 5 mile out of cheltenham. we were gone about an hour. I parked me little transit connect in its usual spot and when we got back the fucking thing was gone!  Still reeling with shock when a voice popped up announcing me van was in the field and a farmer emerged from behind the hedge saying he pulled it in there with his tractor as I blocked his gate. only the intervention of mrs bd prevented fisticuffs!

anyway, I was parked tucked in to the left side, the bonnet as near to the road as I dare and the back doors probably about where the front of the puddle is in the photo. I'm aware of the gate and have parked in same place for about 2 years, provided somebody else isn't in it, without incident as there's a good 6 or 7 yards between me and the gate and plenty of room to the right.

so who's the cunt, me (I know!) or the farmer, who insisted he was within his right to do what he did?    :)

Screenshot_20220717-110342_Earth.jpg

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

You. You blocked his access, he moved your car 

he didn't, it's a van.

the wife agrees with you by the way! if I was backed up right against the gate, which I would never do anyway, I'd have apologised and fully understood why he'd moved it.

so what's the rule about how close to a gate you should avoid parking in?   :)

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Park in the passing place next time :lol:ABBD95BD-87EF-4848-8594-5E2DF3F8C758.thumb.jpeg.f24caa4ddd6735607aa5e7df4d32414b.jpeg

they were occupied!  :lol:

in.all.fairness I've been parked in exactly the same place before when a farmer or one of his workers has turned up in a tractor (I'd not seen the chap from yesterday before) and theyve had no bother going the side of me and in through the gate and theyve not said owt or been bothered by it.

apparently he reckoned the size of the trailer he was towing was the issue.

I honestly wouldn't deliberately park inconsiderately. 

I suppose um just wondering really what rule applies here and whether he was within his rights to do what he did? 

Edited by thebrokendoll

If he had a trailer, and was needing to go left as he exited the field, then I can absolutely see that your van would’ve been in the way. 

Did he just hitch your van up to his tractor and drag it in to the field then? :lol:

I can see why you’d be a bit narked, but also I can see his point. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If he had a trailer, and was needing to go left as he exited the field, then I can absolutely see that your van would’ve been in the way. 

Did he just hitch your van up to his tractor and drag it in to the field then? :lol:

I can see why you’d be a bit narked, but also I can see his point. 

he reckoned he was in the field and had left the gate open, although I'm sure I would've noticed that. he never elaborated as ro which.way he'd gone, but aye, turning left mightve caused him a problem with a long trailer. I assume as he was already in the field he must've dragged the van backwards by the tow bar. I was pissed off due to a combination of the shock of me lovely little van being apparently stolen, I thought he mightve damaged the brakes, that I didn't really think I'd parked inconsiderately and that I doubt that little bit of land in front of the gate was his.

I did consider going up there with a cordless angle grinder and cutting the gate in to a dozen pieces, but mrs bd overuled me, probably wisely!  :lol:

anyway, no damage done.

ps.... @strawb

I can find no particular mention of blocking access to fields, but me research might be flawed.. seems in the highway code even recommendations not to block private residential driveways isnt enforcorceable, however contentious that is and how many neighbourhood feuds that causes.

I reckon if he'd damaged my van he'd be liable.

so my I'm sticking to me guns that the farmer was a cunt and you and the wife are wrong!

:)

If I was the farmer, I would have got my muckspreader and coated your entire van in 6 inches of shit. 

Then when you turned up to argue your case, every time you opened your mouth to say something I'd have pumped it full of fresh horse tod. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If I was the farmer, I would have got my muckspreader and coated your entire van in 6 inches of shit. 

Then when you turned up to argue your case, every time you opened your mouth to say something I'd have pumped it full of fresh horse tod. 

in which case I'd have definitely cut your gate up.

If he owns the access to his land (which he probably does) then he's well within rights to move it if he feels it's preventing him from getting access. There'll also be no liability on him for unintentionally damaging your van in the process as you're technically on private property.