The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

Just now, Gemmill said:

I didn't realise you can't have more than one player on loan from a single club, which is complicating the Lingard/Henderson move. Probably means no move for Henderson regardless, cos either Lingard stretches into the evening and happens/falls over, or Lingard happens early doors. 

I'm not sure the injury state of Dubravka, whether he's playing with a niggling injury or what, but he made a fantastic save in the Leeds game and assuming he is fit I'd be happy enough with him and Darlow as backup. Darlow did have a couple of poor games but otherwise I thought he was reasonable.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

SSN breaking news...

Newcastle United have had an offer between £20m and £25m accepted for Stade Reims striker Hugo Ekitike.n

Decent fee for what is a highly rated prospect. It was rumoured to be £30m+ earlier in the window 

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I'm not sure the injury state of Dubravka, whether he's playing with a niggling injury or what, but he made a fantastic save in the Leeds game and assuming he is fit I'd be happy enough with him and Darlow as backup. Darlow did have a couple of poor games but otherwise I thought he was reasonable.

I just think the margin for error between us going down and staying up is so slim that even having Darlow as back up is a risk. 

1 minute ago, Xa9as said:

Eriksen gone to Brentford on 6 month deal!  

It's been what, over 6 months since he played? It's going to take him a while to get back up to speed, if he ever can with his dodgy heart.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Mandy has been up all night and I can only assume the speed in which we’re moving is a result of a Coke-fuelled bender.

She's classier than that, they'd at least be speedballs, you need a little smack to take the edge off and keep your nerves.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I didn't realise you can't have more than one player on loan from a single club, which is complicating the Lingard/Henderson move. Probably means no move for Henderson regardless, cos either Lingard stretches into the evening and happens/falls over, or Lingard happens early doors. 

I think we're only allowed two PL loans and Targett has just taken one of those spots. I don't see what difference it would make signing Lingard on loan vs a six month transfer deal.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I just think the margin for error between us going down and staying up is so slim that even having Darlow as back up is a risk. 

You're not wrong but if it's a choice between Henderson and Lingard I'd take Lingard in our situation. 

That changes if Ekitike signs.