The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Apparently Merson just said Arsenal had a better window than Newcastle, despite them not signing any players and losing Aubameyang for free. 

Arsenal's better window:

gettyimages-57550174-612x612.jpg.2ef69ba41a9702345787f29376e62978.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

I watched Targett's interview and it made me wonder who was the last last player we signed blatantly on the spectrum? Bowyer?

FFS mate he's a footballer not a public speaker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I just don’t understand the point in having him on. His opinions are so bad they don’t even get people wound up enough to respond in the way people like Simon Jordan do, it’s just utter drivel. 

Charity case, albeit a thoroughly undeserving one 

• Like 1

I think that with a new back line and a back line more in-keeping with Howe's approach to football, we'll not make so many cock ups. With a number 6 who is calm on the ball and good in possession the back line will be under less pressure and the attack will be better supported. 

Norwich and Leeds haven't improved their squads at all in the window. Honestly, it looks like Norwich are content to have a Premier League holiday every year or so. Leeds probably gambling that once their injuries calm down they'll be ok.

Watford have done what Watford always do and gambled on a few young, cheap, foreign lads, but bringing in Hodgson might be shrewd. That said, if Hodgson was brought into any other team in the league I'd expect him to lift their results, but Watford... I dunno, might be ignorance, but I see them as a mercenary group who may not take his organisation on board.

Burnley have gambled on Weghorst, but swapping one big striker for another one, doesn't seem to solve the problems they've got across the pitch.

Everton have a really unbalanced squad, and I don't think signing two number 10s is great business. Unless I've misunderstood Ven de Beek's role? They're still pretty ponderous in the middle, in my eyes.

Norwich, Watford and Burnley for the drop.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think that with a new back line and a back line more in-keeping with Howe's approach to football, we'll not make so many cock ups. With a number 6 who is calm on the ball and good in possession the back line will be under less pressure and the attack will be better supported. 

Norwich and Leeds haven't improved their squads at all in the window. Honestly, it looks like Norwich are content to have a Premier League holiday every year or so. Leeds probably gambling that once their injuries calm down they'll be ok.

Watford have done what Watford always do and gambled on a few young, cheap, foreign lads, but bringing in Hodgson might be shrewd. That said, if Hodgson was brought into any other team in the league I'd expect him to lift their results, but Watford... I dunno, might be ignorance, but I see them as a mercenary group who may not take his organisation on board.

Burnley have gambled on Weghorst, but swapping one big striker for another one, doesn't seem to solve the problems they've got across the pitch.

Everton have a really unbalanced squad, and I don't think signing two number 10s is great business. Unless I've misunderstood Ven de Beek's role? They're still pretty ponderous in the middle, in my eyes.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Awesome Season 3 GIF by Billions

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Good post

23 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Didn’t Terry Hobbit run a pub in Bedlington when he retired?

We’ve got Terry, Terry, Terry, Terry Hobbit with the ring!

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

I totally agree with Burnley & Norwich but I think with Hodgson in charge of Watford they have become a bit of a wild card. He is notoriously well organized but will the team listen to him.  It's gonna get crazy !!

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Very good, but don't we have Diego for this insight now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4