The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

33 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Also add in the fact they've consistently spent decent money bordering on fortunes on players for best part of a decade without any of them actually adding or significantly improving the side - Ndombele, Gil, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Soldado, Janssen, Sessengon, Aureir, Rodon, Clark  

They certainly don't spend crazy money, certainly not for a club who think of themselves as top 4. They seem to want to consistently spend reasonable money (£15m-£30m) in the hope of uncovering a £80m out of it. The problem is that they have also consistently failed to do so.

49 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They certainly don't spend crazy money, certainly not for a club who think of themselves as top 4. They seem to want to consistently spend reasonable money (£15m-£30m) in the hope of uncovering a £80m out of it. The problem is that they have also consistently failed to do so.

That's my point. They have the funds, they don't seem to use them and then moan like fuck when they're not challenging. It's hilarious that the season Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool did stutter they couldn't even pick up the pieces then. Leicester came steaming in instead.

But at least they've got a pretty stadium, that's the envy of the world 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

They have the funds, they don't seem to use them

I'm not sure they do have the funds. They've that big fuck off stadium to pay for and no CL money coming it. I think what we're going to see is what happened with Arsenal only in double speed.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure they do have the funds. They've that big fuck off stadium to pay for and no CL money coming it. I think what we're going to see is what happened with Arsenal only in double speed.

If it wasn't for the NFL I think they'd be seriously fucked. Lewis has money but seems to have a tight hold on the purse strings. Levy - he's just a class A slimy cunt. 

24 minutes ago, Craig said:

That's my point. They have the funds, they don't seem to use them and then moan like fuck when they're not challenging. It's hilarious that the season Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool did stutter they couldn't even pick up the pieces then. Leicester came steaming in instead.

But at least they've got a pretty stadium, that's the envy of the world 🙄

their stadium is class mind. i love their kop end and would love our saudi overlords to extend the gallowgate to level 7  (or beyond) in a similar fashion

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

their stadium is class mind. i love their kop end and would love our saudi overlords to extend the gallowgate to level 7  (or beyond) in a similar fashion

I don't disagree it is class, but they've mortgaged themselves to the hilt to build it. The seminal PL example of 'fur coat and no knickers' 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't disagree it is class, but they've mortgaged themselves to the hilt to build it. The seminal PL example of 'fur coat and no knickers' 

Yeah, unlucky on the no oil billions, suckas 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a fucking shithole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

This is your MOUTH OF THE TYNE ITK by the way. He’s a fucking lunatic 

No mention of the copious consumption of psychotropic drugs prior to the sighting in question

Meh. I got the feeling this January was his chance. He’s snubbed us so it’s likely we’d look elsewhere anyway and now the agent is trying to make it look it’s their decision not to come here this summer 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Flash in the pan 

He could turn out to be class (I barely know a thing about him tbh) but they don’t believe in the long term project here? Bollocks. The kid didn’t fancy the move at this stage of his career. That’s totally fair enough of course

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The stadium is shite too. Aesthetically pleasing but can’t get food, can’t get a drink and White Hart Lane station is far too small.

Is it? I’m surprised as modern stadiums are usually good for that stuff. I haven’t been

but I do like their massive kop end 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Meh. I got the feeling this January was his chance. He’s snubbed us so it’s likely we’d look elsewhere anyway and now the agent is trying to make it look it’s their decision not to come here this summer 

The chat on our side was that we had a bid accepted, the plane was there and ready to pick him up, but then the Reims DoF basically said “I know you have loads of money so give us another £10m“, our lot told them to swivel and the deal collapsed. Maybe his agent is saving face by acting big time (whether what I said is true or not that statement is frankly fucking absurd for a 19 year old after 18 games :lol: ). 

I’m not entirely sure whose side is accurate but tbh fuck this arrogant agent I’m saying our side is spot on, Hugo Smallplums club overvalued him. We’re not going to pay more than their entire club is worth ffs. 

If what I’ve heard is true I’m desperate for us to stay up :lol:. Paqueta, Raphina, Botman are the three I’ve heard. Carlos no longer of interest. Gayle and Clark refused loans and Howe is fuming with both. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1