The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

14 hours ago, Tom said:

This is your MOUTH OF THE TYNE ITK by the way. He’s a fucking lunatic 

This Burnsie? I bet he listens to Joe Rogan. Before he started getting big into anti-vax and shouting the n-word, his main schtick was that aliens built the pyramids and stuff. 

• Haha 1

Someone needs to clip the bit where they’re outside Area 51, or as close as you can get to it anyway. Something comes into view in the sky and he starts jumping about screaming “I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!” or words to that effect and the look on his face when it turns out to be a bird or a helicopter or something is unbelievable. I’m probably getting some details wrong since it’s been a decade since I watched it but how it hasn’t found it’s place on “Best TV Moments Ever!” countdown shows is a disgrace 

Gosens told the German press that he had an offer from Newcastle but never really considered to accept it.

It will be interesting to see how much our chances increase to lure players in case we do stay up

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Gosens told the German press that he had an offer from Newcastle but never really considered to accept it.

It will be interesting to see how much our chances increase to lure players in case we do stay up

Aye I don't know if I was just being precious, but I thought he sounded like a little bellend saying he basically rejected it out of hand. 

See how you feel in 5 years time when we're fucking pumping 6 past your little Italian outfit in the CL, Robin.

ASSUMING THEY EVEN QUALIFY WITH SHIT LIKE YOU IN THEIR TEAM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I don't know if I was just being precious, but I thought he sounded like a little bellend saying he basically rejected it out of hand. 

See how you feel in 5 years time when we're fucking pumping 6 past your little Italian outfit in the CL, Robin.

ASSUMING THEY EVEN QUALIFY WITH SHIT LIKE YOU IN THEIR TEAM. 

Fuck me, someone unleashed Scrappy Doo again....

8 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I think that he'd say that was the case now that he has moved to Inter regardless of whether it's true or not.

Despite their top players crossing derby boundaries practically every transfer window Italian fans aren't exactly welcoming of players openly talking about considering offers from other clubs.

2 hours ago, strawb said:

He’s also about 60 years old and 25 clem

Aye, I get that we could do with another striker in but signing an expensive busted flush who I remember having a very consistent habit of picking up niggly injuries is not what we need.

46 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think that he'd say that was the case now that he has moved to Inter regardless of whether it's true or not.

Despite their top players crossing derby boundaries practically every transfer window Italian fans aren't exactly welcoming of players openly talking about considering offers from other clubs.

I think that’s stretching things a lot tbh. He could have easily said nothing at all.

3 days off the trot now we've not been linked with a living soul on the bbc's gossip column.

there is however this snippet as the lead article, so I'm just optimistically read between the lines that we're deep in his thoughts....

France striker Kylian Mbappe has been linked with a move to Real Madrid when his Paris St-Germain contract runs out in the summer but the 23-year-old says he has not made a decision over his future

• Haha 2