The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

I think Ekitike will be in the Premier League next season. My instincts say he'll be at Chelsea. He clearly didn't fancy us in January so don't expect him to change his mind in July.

1 hour ago, Xa9as said:

Meh, if he wants to go play for Milan. Good on him. Not worried about missing out on players like this one bit.

Same with that Ekitieieeke lad. Unless they are the best of the best, and we're in serious contention of signing said player, I'm not worried about missing out on anyone now. 

Lads like this are going to be ten a penny, could throw them an extra 25-50K to sign here, but that's where we'll set ourselves on a bad precedent.

Ekitike doesn't matter to me. I admit I haven't seen him play.

But I think that Botman could have been a good addition. Quite a young player, but very mature, with very good qualities. He is only 22 years old and would arrive for a price of 30-35 million, which for the current market is a bargain. And I think he is a player that when he reaches his best level, in 4-5 years, he will surely be playing for the best teams in the world for 70-80 million.

10 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Ekitike doesn't matter to me. I admit I haven't seen him play.

But I think that Botman could have been a good addition. Quite a young player, but very mature, with very good qualities. He is only 22 years old and would arrive for a price of 30-35 million, which for the current market is a bargain. And I think he is a player that when he reaches his best level, in 4-5 years, he will surely be playing for the best teams in the world for 70-80 million.

Ah we can buy him then in that case 😉

I'm not worried about missing out on Botman or Ekitike in summer, the reason they felt so crucial in January was down to our position mid-season.

Come summer, assuming we stay up, there will be plenty of players on our lists, who we can offer plenty to and will be more likely to sign, Trippier and Guimaraes being here will make that easier as will starting out the summer with plans from a position of strength, we won't be in the relegation battle next season.

Players of quality are not as hard to come by in summer than it seemed they were in January.

• Like 3

Tielemans not extending his contract with Leicester meaning he will only have a year left in summer.

Expect there would be some big clubs in for him but we could well be in that conversation now.

On 10/02/2022 at 15:07, Andrew said:

Ah we can buy him then in that case 😉

I'm not worried about missing out on Botman or Ekitike in summer, the reason they felt so crucial in January was down to our position mid-season.

Come summer, assuming we stay up, there will be plenty of players on our lists, who we can offer plenty to and will be more likely to sign, Trippier and Guimaraes being here will make that easier as will starting out the summer with plans from a position of strength, we won't be in the relegation battle next season.

Players of quality are not as hard to come by in summer than it seemed they were in January.

Agreed, if he prefers Milan more power to him he’s not the player for us. He’s highly rated but at the same time he’s had 1.5 seasons in France, and this half season his defence have conceded 35 in 23, while not all his fault I’m not going to cry about missing out on a bloke like that. As you say there’s plenty more about. 

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Tielemans not extending his contract with Leicester meaning he will only have a year left in summer.

Expect there would be some big clubs in for him but we could well be in that conversation now.

Would be an outstanding signing. He is the complete midfielder imo

• Like 2

Mitro would score goals in the premier league if he was in a team where plenty of service is provided. None of those teams are interested in him. He's also not a player who appears to be in the greatest of shape for his age, so he's seemingly only going to beef up and slow down more. 27 now but you'd think he was older.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Mitro loves scoring goals. 

The difference with Wood is that he's never ever where places Mitro score goales from. 

Lewandosi wins headers btw!

Mitro = 24 Premier League Goals in 104 games = 0.231
Wood = 50 in 157 = 0.318

Wood loves scoring goals in the Prem more.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Mitro = 24 Premier League Goals in 104 games = 0.231
Wood = 50 in 157 = 0.318

Wood loves scoring goals in the Prem more.

And on top of that Wood is a player who will do what his team needs to succeed. Mitro will do what Mitro needs to succeed, or otherwise not be bothered.

• Like 5

I mean. 

I believe Saul will back to Atletico, but I am not sure if his agent want it, and I don't know how people will receive him.. and Simeone... He has a very high salary and is very difficult to keep it for a player is not in the best form in the club.

Saúl 2014-2019 was an amazing player. One of the best in his position between 2016 and 2019. But last two years his level has down... In part because he had to play in another position (LB), but too because he was out in several terms...

My only doubt with him is that he looks like to be very soft in his mind... In terms of mental healthy and things like that. And if he land in Newcastle and feel depressed... But thing. But if he get his best level... Player that could be starter in any team of the world.

• Like 1