The Entirely Unreasonable Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Andrew

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think we’re a pretty sensible bunch on here when it comes to football. Even we’re behaving in a bit of a brattish manner over not getting even more signings in. If we get anywhere near where the owners are aiming our fanbase is going to be fucking insufferable. 
Can’t wait tbh 

I’ve blocked about 2/3rds of NUFC Twitter….the vast majority are insufferably immature unrealistic simpletons…. I still follow Dave though :cuppa:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve blocked about 2/3rds of NUFC Twitter….the vast majority are insufferably immature unrealistic simpletons…. I still follow Dave though :cuppa:

I'm consoling meself at the minute that it could be worse.

maman et papa ekitike have not long since seen their villa in biarritz vanish in to the ethos.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember not taking an interest assuming nothing was happening. I got a text message off the grey man mentioning Sibierski and I couldn’t work out what the fuck he was on about as I couldn’t entertain the idea we’d signed him 

he actually turned out to be loads better than any of ad contemplated in the end. It was back in the day when we were used to high profile signings, which he was anything but 

Watched Matt Targett's intro interview on the official site. I don't think we need to worry about him coming in with a big ego and disrupting the dressing room, fuuuuuuuck me. :lol:

Describing in detail the conversation he had with his agent. "do I need to travel up tonight or can I wait til the morning" etc. :lol:

Seems a nice level headed kid tbf, I'm just being a twat. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he actually turned out to be loads better than any of ad contemplated in the end. It was back in the day when we were used to high profile signings, which he was anything but 

He was decent in the Uefa Cup but shite in the league. But, aye that’s still loads better than expected 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

chris from hants popping up again on the beeb just to make it crystal clear he's as thick as fucking whale spunk.

I mean, what exactly does he want us (or any other team for that matter) to use the long established period allotted during january to do transfers..... buy players who'll weaken the team?

we really should be ashamed we're trying to improve.

Screenshot_20220131-172019_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've a Chelsea-supporting ex-colleague trying to defend Southampton's assertion that matches re-arranged due to Covid should only involve players signed at the time the match was due to have been played. To not do so apparently would be the Premier League showing support of a team trying to buy success.

Yes ...... a Chelsea fan! Oh, the fucking irony! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Pack of cunts running Man United, like

I bet that's because they've let Van De Beek go to Everton. Fucking arseholes....

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’re entering the panic buy hours of the window. I haven’t been this engaged since the legendary January transfer window of 2006, when we were all appalled at our deadline day signing of Sibierski. 

Wasn't that the year @Gemmill paid for the NUFC.co.uk text updates and we all thought he was taking the piss when he announced it? 

• Haha 1