Howe's Brazil Black and White Army v Fat Franks Right Wing Red Wall Bluedippers

wykikitoon

I think I've said it before but I can't think of anything funnier than Lampard taking Everton down this season. I don't even have that much hate for him, he seems affable enough, but the media reaction would be priceless. They'd paint the Everton owner as the next Hitler in order to deflect any blame from Lampard. In fairness the Everton owner is atrocious, at least in the sense that he hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I think I've said it before but I can't think of anything funnier than Lampard taking Everton down this season. I don't even have that much hate for him, he seems affable enough, but the media reaction would be priceless. They'd paint the Everton owner as the next Hitler in order to deflect any blame from Lampard. In fairness the Everton owner is atrocious, at least in the sense that he hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing.

:lol::sleep:

Had a look back at how the clubs around us did in the window and I as disappointed to see Everton had a better window than I thought they did.

Don't rate lampard much as a manager but I think he'll still likely get enough of a "bounce" out of that squad that they won't really be in the fight.

The Everton squad when Rafa went in there was completely unbalanced with at least one or two mercenaries. He was then asked to make silk purse out of a sow's ear with little to no transfer funds given Everton are fucked in terms of FFP. Add to that the fact that he was met with hostility before he even set foot inside the front door of the club. Conversely he would have known what thin margins he was dealing with before he took the job, but he backed himself which is laudable in many respects. 

15 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Not really seen too much wrong with the media criticism of Everton, Rafa and Moshiri to be honest. Thought the stick, blame and criticism that Rafa got was in line to be honest. Everton really were shocking after his initial run. Moshiri rightly being called out for his appointments of managers and sporting directors.

Love Rafa for what he did here, but even as an outsider to Everton it seems he managed to do his level best to fuck the club on all fronts. In reality he should have never gone there for a few reasons, but he left Everton in a far worse state than he found it. Rafa did what Rafa does, play his football and politic with his higher ups. His football was never going to suit Everton and was going to cost him at it's first blip.

James and Digne, two of their best players left under his time there with the rest of the squads abilities seeming to also drop off a cliff. Riled up Julian Brant through his constant inability to work with his higher ups in the modern game. 

Think Lampard will do well there to be honest, and as much as I'd love to see the Scouse Mackems get relegated, I'm expecting them to pull away. A lot of players are underperforming from playing under Rafa and think Lampard and Clement will get life back into them. He should be alright there for a year until Everton fans get pissy that their not knocking on top 6. 

Thing is, Everton's issues are legion. I think it's an issue not just of management, but of an unbalanced squad and I don't think van de Beek and Alli solve those issues

Lampard will probably get them going forward since his Chelsea side were good fun but fucking hell, they had Kante screening a back four that had James, Zouma and Tomori in it and they still let goals in the bucketload. Wait until Micheal Keane and John Godfrey (or whatever he’s called) are left facing the counter every week

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Lampard will probably get them going forward since his Chelsea side were good fun but fucking hell, they had Kante screening a back four that had James, Zouma and Tomori in it and they still let goals in the bucketload. Wait until Micheal Keane and John Godfrey (or whatever he’s called) are left facing the counter every week

Agreed, he gets a lot more credit than he’s due tbh. Like with hindsight we now know at Derby he had 3 loan players that aren’t just PL quality but 2 of them (Tomori and Mount) are CL quality - and we’re not talking years later they were that level it was basically the following season they walked into playing at that level. Harry Wilson I’d also say is a PL level player tbf to him. I give him credit for trying this job mind, it’s a very tough situation as the club is a total shit show I wonder where he goes if it’s a failure. Palace chose wisely passing on him for Vieira who looks to be a canny manager. 

Edited by Howay

Aye it always baffles me that Wilson is still at derby, every time I’ve watched him he looks head and shoulders above the rest. 

I always assumed he was on loan!

• Like 1