Howe's Brazil Black and White Army v Fat Franks Right Wing Red Wall Bluedippers

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Woy Hodgson looking nervous there, just woken up in the Gallowgate, wondering why the fuck he’s wearing an orange hat and how the fuck he got to Newcastle.

But seriously, CT why are you wearing a Chicago Bears hat?

Can someone who knows about football explain our current style of play to me. 

Putting the obvious gulf in player quality to one side, I feel as though they way we attacked and pressed high reminded me of watching Man City.

Is this right?

Im always very impressed with the way they press when they don’t have the ball. 

* I was just having a little day dream before I go shopping and wondering what to expect next season when we stay up and add to the squad.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Also, I know it’s sheer madness from a sending off perspective, but I absolutely loved all the sliding tackles on Tuesday. There seems to be rapturous joy in the ground when one goes in, followed by a swift intake of breath with eyes on the ref :lol: 

Trippier loves a slide tackle doesn't he, hope shelvey cuts them out mind 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Putting the obvious gulf in player quality to one side, I feel as though they way we attacked and pressed high reminded me of watching Man City.

Is this right?

* I was just having a little day dream before I go shopping and wondering what to expect next season when we stay up and add to the squad.

Honestly have a look at Tifo on youtube and pick out some of their general tactics videos, usually not that long and everything is explained in a very understandable way.

Since regaining some passion post takeover I've watched loads of their stuff and quite like it.

Actually quite a TT video (remembering back to the original Trequartista debacle) came out today

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Is this right?

We're currently a classic counter-attacking side to me - it accounts for why our possession is usually lower than the opposition. It's also supported by a point someone made the other day with regards the Leeds game - the longer the match went on, the more Leeds tired because we'd allowed them to take the game to us. We do appear to get stronger the longer the game goes on.

In ASM we've got someone who can be deadly with that approach. Our issue is we haven't got an in-form striker to stick the ball in the net. 

It goes against the style Howe is generally associated with - he's known for the passing game and building it up from the back. I think it's accepted that its a necessary approach with the current squad of players given the primary objective is to stay in the Premier League. With Ashworth (almost certainly) coming on board, everything at the club will be evolved to suit the style/ethos those running the club want - he said as much in that pitchside interview when he was at Brighton.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Class :lol: 

Honestly, Pickford doesn’t have the mental capacity to play at SJP,

He still treats it like a derby, despite the fact he left Sunderland nearly 5 years ago. And it's totally on him, no one else. If he hadn't acted like a complete and utter tit in that game we won 3 season ago, he wouldn't get half the abuse he does. 

He hasn't the mentality to play in a derby. That is why he's not a top keeper. Top keepers can play in any game.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

He still treats it like a derby, despite the fact he left Sunderland nearly 5 years ago. And it's totally on him, no one else. If he hadn't acted like a complete and utter tit in that game we won 3 season ago, he wouldn't get half the abuse he does. 

He hasn't the mentality to play in a derby. That is why he's not a top keeper. Top keepers can play in any game.

And Southgate was in the crowd to see it happen, too. Shame. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

And Southgate was in the crowd to see it happen, too. Shame. :lol:

If Gareth isn't thinking it's between Ramsdale, Hope & Henderson going forward, he needs his head examined.

17 minutes ago, Craig said:

Absolutely. I’m sure one Everton manager dropped him for the fixture. May have been Ancelotti.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Absolutely. I’m sure one Everton manager dropped him for the fixture. May have been Ancelotti.

He did, in November 2020. What's funny about that is it was behind closed doors :icon_lol:

• Haha 4

In terms of our style of play, I think it's fair to say we're currently a counter-attacking side. However, I think the signings we made suggest Howe wants to evolve into a team more comfortable on the ball. 

• Like 2

I’m so excited for this already.

Ive been watching a few YouTube podcast today, just soaking up a bit more of the win, and I wish we were playing tonight. 

Also decided I’m falling off the Keto Wagon on Sunday and having a few pints.

Helps that I have end row seats for this one so toilet trips won’t be an issue.

• Like 1