30 years ago today

Craig

That DJ Mark Page cunt as well - used to do the announcer role at their shit hole of an old ground. 

I remember when we played them in the league cup him announcing that half time would be 15 mins instead of the 10 minutes like in the lower leagues (reflecting the positions at the time). As it happens we turned it on in the second half and absolutely fucking slaughtered them 3-1. Didn't hear much from the prick at full time.... 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

That DJ Mark Page cunt as well - used to do the announcer role at their shit hole of an old ground. 

I remember when we played them in the league cup him announcing that half time would be 15 mins instead of the 10 minutes like in the lower leagues (reflecting the positions at the time). As it happens we turned it on in the second half and absolutely fucking slaughtered them 3-1. Didn't hear much from the prick at full time.... 

Think that game was a turning point...I was still scarred after the twatting we got at Ayresome the last day of 1989/90... that league cup game was also the scariest I've ever been at, Ayresome made Roker look like a kids tea party 

Oh and Page, ex Radio 1 obvs, is a fuckin smog nonce :cuppa:

Screenshot_20220214-120009_Wikipedia.jpg

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think that game was a turning point...I was still scarred after the twatting we got at Ayresome the last day of 1989/90... that league cup game was also the scariest I've ever been at, Ayresome made Roker look like a kids tea party 

Oh and Page, ex Radio 1 obvs, is a fuckin smog nonce :cuppa:

Screenshot_20220214-120009_Wikipedia.jpg

halftime anoncer 

was at Ayresome for the last minute 3-3, my lone walk back to the car was “interesting”

• Like 1

I remember page writing something about the 'going up' song not going platinum but tin in Longbenton or some such shite. Boro were bitter as fuck where we we concerned. Never been to the Riverside but did manage a couple of visits to ayresome. Considering our shite record there it was a win and a draw. I was unbeaten at four Roker derbies as well. :yes:

I went to both. I found Roker Park marginally less terrifying. 

The breeze block through the back window of the coach when we were queuing on the A19 coming back from Ayresome Park didn't help mind.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, strawb said:

Some interesting views of Boro for someone who grew up there.

I never knew they had enough fans to be a naughty. 

They were proper cunts, much more chance of getting into bother there than Roker park, and more chance of seeing bother up here for that matter.

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

They were proper cunts, much more chance of getting into bother there than Roker park, and more chance of seeing bother up here for that matter.

This totally... Mackems basically just wanted to call you a cunt, Smoggies .... well they wanted to put you in hospital. Fucking horrible bastards from down there.

I did go to Ayresome park as a youngster a few times, I’m not surprised you all thought it was sketchy. Surrounded by all those terraces and back alleys and that, housing estate now. Still a shit hole