The F1 2022, MotoGP and Other Sports That Go Vroom-Vroom Thread

Craig

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Nikita Mazepin: Haas end driver's contract & partnership with Russian chemicals company - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60630464

Fuck knows how they have managed to sack him. But good. 

Now’s their chance to put someone decent in the car. Step forward Hulk…

10 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

This article seems to be saying the engines are sealed for the season. Hope I'm wrong

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/yamaha-shares-quartararos-motogp-engine-frustration/7956333/

As per MotoGP's technical regulations, all manufacturers not running with concessions will have their engines homologated by the FIM and sealed for the first round of the season.

As a result, engine development will be frozen for the entirety of the campaign.

With MotoGP's final pre-season test taking place this weekend, Yamaha would only be able to bring an updated engine to Qatar prior to its homologation, and Quartararo has ruled out running anything

he hasn't been able to test.

Ah got you but that's really down to what I said about Yamaha and how their engineers feel the engine has more than enough power and more would compromise other aspects of the bike.
The big thing about the Japanese maunfacturers is that they have this unflinching belief that they are right and it is disrespectful to question any technical decisions they have made, just look at the times Honda has won the championship and then the following season made a completely new bike that is a horror, instead of just improving the winning machine they already have.
Yamaha last year won both the MotoGP and Superbike championships, they would believe nothing but their own hype.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What happened to Perez?

They're being really cagey about it, talk of it being a fuel pump issue but fuel starvation doesn't send you into a spin and seize the drivetrain instantly. Transmission failure if you ask me. 

There's serious potential in that car, they just need to untap it. Once they've got the floor profile sorted and it doesn't 'porpoise' that thing will challenge for victories without doubt. The only reason they are losing straightline speed is they can't yet get it close enough to the ground. Ironic really when they were one of the teams who had a low rake car last year. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they have an updated aero package for Imola in a month's time that brings them completely back into play.

The Ferrari's look strong and reliable. It's their titles to lose this year. Red Bull have a good car but it's clearly besieged by reliability issues and a driver who's already spitting his dummy :baby: :lol:

24 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Andrea Moda? :scratchchin: 

That thing couldn't get to the end of the pitlane if I remember right!

21 hours ago, Craig said:

That thing couldn't get to the end of the pitlane if I remember right!

Roberto Moreno got it onto the grid at Monaco once, and I genuinely consider that to be at least as impressive an achievement as Hamilton or Schumacher's seven titles. :D 

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Roberto Moreno got it onto the grid at Monaco once, and I genuinely consider that to be at least as impressive an achievement as Hamilton or Schumacher's seven titles. :D 

The abiding memory I have is of Perry McCarthy ( The Stig ) stood at the end of the pitlane next to his broken down Andrea Moda arms crossed looking utterly fucked off! :lol:

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Just finished drive to survive. What a cunt Horner is.  Nee class.

You basically only had to watch 5 minutes of it to work that out. The two principals are distinctly different:

Wolff - Obsessed with Mercedes winning 

Horner - Obsessed with Mercedes NOT winning

See Hamilton is another supporter of one of the "big six/seven whateverthefuckitisnow" and is protesting having to compete in SA.

Jokes aside, fair dues to the lad but if he feels strongly enough about it, he could have just walked and there is nowayinfuckinghell F1 is giving up a 900M pound deal to race there.

• Like 2

Back to real racing, anyone watch the MotoGP from Indonesia? What a fucking farce that was. Totally new tyre brought to the race that no one has ever raced on, shit qualifying and then a delayed and shortened race because it was tipping down like a monsoon.

How is any of that racing?

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Back to real racing, anyone watch the MotoGP from Indonesia? What a fucking farce that was. Totally new tyre brought to the race that no one has ever raced on, shit qualifying and then a delayed and shortened race because it was tipping down like a monsoon.

How is any of that racing?

It was crazy. Exciting stuff mind

Probably a good job it rained otherwise we would have ended up with 6 laps

They had to cut the Moto2 to half distance because neither the track or the tyres would last. Pathetic

The Marquez high-side was horrifying.

I don't think he will retire, but if he does get back I hope he doesn't do himself permanent damage. Much as I dislike him I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

He used to be a danger to everybody else, now he's mainly a danger to himself

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

See Hamilton is another supporter of one of the "big six/seven whateverthefuckitisnow" and is protesting having to compete in SA.

Jokes aside, fair dues to the lad but if he feels strongly enough about it, he could have just walked and there is nowayinfuckinghell F1 is giving up a 900M pound deal to race there.

Imagine if he had chosen not to race.  instead of hiding behind the bollocks of contractual shite.