The F1 2022, MotoGP and Other Sports That Go Vroom-Vroom Thread

Craig

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

@CraigHamilton is moaning how shit his car is.  Why is Russell doing so well?

Different driving styles and luck. Russell isn't doing 'well'. He's just getting a better rub of the green than Hamilton did. Both missed out on top 10 because of red flags. DRS was not enabled for 30+ laps. Imola is traditionally a difficult circuit to overtake on. Russell benefitted from the Ricciardo / Sainz collision.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What's your opinions on Russell?

Incredibly talented driver and hugely underrated. Casual observers easily gloss over the job he did at Williams - leading the team from the age of 21 from the back of the grid to regular Q2 appearances and even the odd Q3.

His qualifying in Spa last year was sublime and only bettered by Verstappen - and that was only by 3 tenths of a second over a 2 minute lap. People ridicule his podium at that event because of the farcical way in which the race was conducted, but the reality was he was on merit, the 2nd fastest driver on the Saturday in arguably the 9th best car on the grid.

He reminds me of when Alonso burst onto the scene with Minardi, and Senna at Toleman. Getting decent performance out of a very shit car. 

He will be challenging for race wins and championships when Mercedes sort their package out. And Norris will be up there too - he's an unbelievable talent, that one. Leclerc, Verstappen, Russell, Norris & Gasly are going to be the mainstays at the front for a number of years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A mate who is well into his F1 like you fucking hates him :lol:

I am very new to F1 after watching that drive to survive.  I don't get his hate.  I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Hates Russell? I assume it's just a personal thing as he's highly regarded across the paddock and within the informed media. He did exhibit a bit of self-love a couple of years ago by posting shirtless images of himself on his social media but the likes of Norris & Ricciardo took the piss so much he stopped doing it :lol:

Don't base too much opinion on what you've seen on DTS - that is pure scripted pantomime stuff. Verstappen was right when he said they invented a dislike between the McLaren drivers. It was purely to suit the narrative of the episode, the pair of them are really good mates. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

Not read the thread. They should change to sustainable alternative fuels or fuck off. Are they even allowed to overtake again now? Didn't they put a stop to that back in the 2000's?

11 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Not read the thread. They should change to sustainable alternative fuels or fuck off. Are they even allowed to overtake again now? Didn't they put a stop to that back in the 2000's?

You mean driving the advances of hybrid technology - which they've been doing for 9 years now, introduce a series devoid of an ICU - also been in place for 9 years, and have a roadmap to be Net Carbon Zero - on schedule to be achieved by 2030. 

Don't ever recall overtaking being 'outlawed'.

Yeah Im just *trying* to be funny. But don't buy the "net zero" crap though - its a totally unneccesary activity and they could have gone full alternative fuel a long time ago.

Edited by scoobos

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My wife loves motorsport and has read a load of Biogs.  When she read Horners she said he sounded great.  We watched that driver thing and she thinks hes a bit of a cunt now :lol: 

A bit?! :lol: He's a weapons-grade cunt and a failed racing driver to boot - something the ex-driver pundits NEVER fail to remind him of :lol:

9 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Yeah Im just *trying* to be funny. But don't buy the "net zero" crap though - its a totally unneccesary activity and they could have gone full alternative fuel a long time ago.

Then your issue is with the global climate agenda rather than anything specifically to do with F1. 

Personally I've never understood why they favoured hybrid / electric technology over hydrogen cell. But again, that's a mandate that's been set at a much higher level than motorsport.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Just bookmarking this thread in case anybody ever asks me to provide an example of ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHITE PATTER. :lol:

You self-righteous fucker! :lol:I could bookmark the Guitar thread for similar reasons. :razz:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...