Eddie Howe

Tom

So we’re a few months in to Eddie Howe’s tenure, I was impressed from day one, mainly because he turned up for work at a reasonable time & isnt a clinically obese dotard.

He certainly seems to have got them playing & whilst we can’t play football yet we’re certainly trying to and totally committed. 

I feel like he’s going to be here a long time. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

He seems like a really hard working professional open to learning all the time and wants to ‘play the game the right way’. Definitely signs for optimism in the short to medium term. 

• Like 7

Based on what we've seen so far, things look really good. I had a few concerns at the start but was fine with him as a stopgap appointment. Now though, I think the positive feeling around the club if he steers us clear of the drop, especially in the manner he's doing it, will make it inevitable that he should continue long term. 

I think he's an incredibly competent manager.

• Like 3

I think he's class. And when you look at Conte misfiring at Spurs, it just goes to show that getting a "name" manager isn't always the right way. 

I hope him and the club grow together and look forward to him battling it out with the big lads at the other end of the table, and being the only non-cunt manager at that end of the division. 

• Like 6

I read somewhere, during his year off, he spent 6 months with Simeone at Atletico, not many better contemporaries to learn from.

Have loved seeing the seemingly relentless improvement/progression.

gets top marks from me !

• Like 3

I like everything I’ve seen from him: humility and honesty when he’s in front of reporters. He just comes across as a decent and genuine bloke which is so refreshing after listening to Bruce’s cobblers. 

Has got us trying to play football on the front foot again after years of dross. It took longer than hoped for him to make his mark on the team but we’re starting to see the work he’s been doing pay off. I’ve had mates say it’s hard to fuck it up when you’ve spent the best of £100m on players but these are mostly the same players which were available to Bruce. I think we’ve only had 2-3 of the new signings on the pitch at the same time so far.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he's class. And when you look at Conte misfiring at Spurs, it just goes to show that getting a "name" manager isn't always the right way. 

I hope him and the club grow together and look forward to him battling it out with the big lads at the other end of the table, and being the only non-cunt manager at that end of the division. 

Absolutely this.

I did wonder a couple of decisions early doors I will be honest.  But it's clear he's an absolute grafter and professional. 

• Like 2

It’s probably very premature of me, but that won’t the first or last time, but I honestly think that he could end up as a less charismatic, but just as important to the club, Keegan type figure. 

There are certain parallels with KK’s time that I can see being replayed-

the club coming out of a seriously shite period of underinvestment and disengagement with the fans,

New owners with a vision, ambition, and a chequebook to make you weep tears of joy. 
A lack of expectation, for want of a better word, from the media as a whole ( he’s pretty much seen as a stop-gap manager until we’re in a position to challenge the usual suspects). 

What I’m saying is that I think we’ve got someone in him  who’s not yet the finished product, but definitely has the potential to be excellent, much like the club, and if it goes well I’d like to see him given the chance to grow with us, instead of getting some “name” gaffer in a few years. 

If he gets it right, and he’s got the financial clout so it’s purely down to him making the right choices, and he wins us our first silverware in almost a lifetime, he’s got himself Legendary status… and I honestly think he’s the bloke to do it. 

There. :lol:

• Like 8

had me reservations and thought his appointment was on the underwhelming side, based largely on the names being linked, though I freely admit my knowledge of european football had waned to the point I'd hadn't heard of half the fuckers anyway.

think howe himself was more than aware he was playing second fiddle to emery and only got the job because the aforementioned bottled it.

got nothing but respect for the fact he had the confidence in his own ability to take it on under those circumstances and I reckon he's doing a fucking superb job, speaks eloquently and professionally and is chalk and cheese to the moron who preceded him.

like gemmil says above, he deserves the opportunity to grow with the club.....

eddie howe's black and white army.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

think howe himself was more than aware he was playing second fiddle to emery and only got the job because the aforementioned bottled it.

This is the thing- Eddie must be pinching himself every day :lol:

He’s got the most challenging, but potentially most rewarding job in the Premier League, if not the world of football, and he’s, so far, doing everything right. 
Even if we do, somehow, fuck it up and go down this season, there’s no one I’d trust more than him to bring us back up, and then kick on up the league again. 

He’s relatively young for a PL manager, and by his own admission is keen to learn and adapt, which can only be a good thing and rub-off on the squad too. 

I fucking love the bloke, and I hope he’s around long enough to win us out first cup, whatever that may be. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s probably very premature of me, but that won’t the first or last time, but I honestly think that he could end up as a less charismatic, but just as important to the club, Keegan type figure. 

There are certain parallels with KK’s time that I can see being replayed-

the club coming out of a seriously shite period of underinvestment and disengagement with the fans,

New owners with a vision, ambition, and a chequebook to make you weep tears of joy. 
A lack of expectation, for want of a better word, from the media as a whole ( he’s pretty much seen as a stop-gap manager until we’re in a position to challenge the usual suspects). 

What I’m saying is that I think we’ve got someone in him  who’s not yet the finished product, but definitely has the potential to be excellent, much like the club, and if it goes well I’d like to see him given the chance to grow with us, instead of getting some “name” gaffer in a few years. 

If he gets it right, and he’s got the financial clout so it’s purely down to him making the right choices, and he wins us our first silverware in almost a lifetime, he’s got himself Legendary status… and I honestly think he’s the bloke to do it. 

There. :lol:

steady on - my sheets have only just come out of the dryer!

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This is the thing- Eddie must be pinching himself every day :lol:

He’s got the most challenging, but potentially most rewarding job in the Premier League, if not the world of football, and he’s, so far, doing everything right. 
Even if we do, somehow, fuck it up and go down this season, there’s no one I’d trust more than him to bring us back up, and then kick on up the league again. 

He’s relatively young for a PL manager, and by his own admission is keen to learn and adapt, which can only be a good thing and rub-off on the squad too. 

I fucking love the bloke, and I hope he’s around long enough to win us out first cup, whatever that may be. 

Adapting is key. I think thats why the older managers are failing.