Eddie Howe

Tom

I should probably say, this being Newcastle, I could be utterly wrong here. 

He’s invigorated the squad, aye, but let’s be honest, after Bruce, a fucking boiled egg could have had the same effect :lol:

( I don’t believe this though - Eddie is the boy). 

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This is the thing- Eddie must be pinching himself every day :lol:

He’s got the most challenging, but potentially most rewarding job in the Premier League, if not the world of football, and he’s, so far, doing everything right. 
Even if we do, somehow, fuck it up and go down this season, there’s no one I’d trust more than him to bring us back up, and then kick on up the league again. 

He’s relatively young for a PL manager, and by his own admission is keen to learn and adapt, which can only be a good thing and rub-off on the squad too. 

I fucking love the bloke, and I hope he’s around long enough to win us out first cup, whatever that may be. 

I think we'd be at least 4 points better of already if he hadnt have inherited a squad which would've been hard pressed to win a game of walking football.

hat well and truly doffed to the bloke from down here in bumpkin land.   :)

• Like 2

The spirit at the club today is hard to believe from where we were just a couple of months ago. Howe is a massive part of that. Remains to be seen how he fares when we start competing at a higher level, but for now he's turned out to be the perfect appointment. As others have said, he's pretty much ticked all boxes from getting the best out of players to the media to transfers. I know the comparative for us is Bruce but its just so refreshing to see a Newcastle team with fitness, energy and well defined roles. We've all actually started looking forward to football games ffs 

The signings have been spot on as well, more in terms of attitude than anything else. Maybe that's not just down to Howe but the new lads have come in shown a lot of pride in playing for the club and given it absolutely everything on the pitch. Its played into the momentum of the good results and seems to have given a right kick up the arse to the likes of Shelvey and Willock. 

I wonder if someone like Emery could have gotten this reaction? I know many were underwhelmed when he turned us down or whatever it was. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Not forgetting as well, we were all told he couldn't coach defenders or get a team to defend. Turns out that was either bollocks or he's just a better manager now than he was at Bournemouth. 

Indeed, those defenders who could defend with Rafa and can now defend with Eddie.  Seems as though there must be a reason why people thought they could not defend. Can't think what that could have been.  :scratchchin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Indeed, those defenders who could defend with Rafa and can now defend with Eddie.  Seems as though there must be a reason why people thought they could not defend. Can't think what that could have been.  :scratchchin:

Replacing three of the back four probably helped a bit. ;) 

• Haha 2

:lol: 

You lot are fucking hilarious man. A month ago most of you were needing to sleep with snorkels, so wet was your bed. Now you're queueing up to tuck in the manager under your crisp dry sheets? 

He's doing ok, but lets be honest, if we stay up the owners may feel a change is needed to kick on further. He's a decent manager who just so happens to have got the job at the same time as we became the richest club on the planet, and it doesn't hurt that he took the reins off a someone with as much charm and tactical ability as smegma.

I like Howe, but he's not a Keegan-type manager at all. Howe isn't the driving force behind the rejuvenated Newcastle.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: 

You lot are fucking hilarious man. A month ago most of you were needing to sleep with snorkels, so wet was your bed. Now you're queueing up to tuck in the manager under your crisp dry sheets? 

He's doing ok, but lets be honest, if we stay up the owners may feel a change is needed to kick on further. He's a decent manager who just so happens to have got the job at the same time as we became the richest club on the planet, and it doesn't hurt that he took the reigns off a someone with as much charm and tactical ability as smegma.

I like Howe, but he's not a Keegan-type manager at all. Howe isn't the driving force behind the rejuvenated Newcastle.

reins, david, not reigns 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I don't know what you mean

grammatical mistakes aside, i'm going to respectfully disagree with the rest of your post. not your point about flip-flopping from wetting the bed to shaking the sausage - i'm as guilty as anyone for that.

but on howe's impact, i think you're wrong. he was slow out of the blocks, there was no new manager bounce, but he has been able to implement his way of playing. it took a little longer than hoped, but it's a completely different style of play to what we've seen for the past few years. i think the recent results are more down to him than the cash he's been able to splash. obviously that helps but we've only seen 2-3 of the new players on the pitch at a time so far. 

gary neville summed it up after the game - we look a completely different side in terms of how far up the pitch we're playing, the distance between the lines and the way the press has been drilled and executed. credit to the manager for that

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

The lad on the TF podcast was saying he's not sure there's another manager he'd want in charge of this set of players. I'm inclined to agree. 

And anyone that wants to disagree can SHUT THEIR FUCKING FACES cos my mind is made up. 

Eddie is my dreamboat. 

By the fucking way, it is DULY NOTED that the FUCKING Fish won't hear a bad word about maverick knackers in the playing squad, but when a manager delivers frankly extraordinary changes to the output of previously shit players, he tells us all to cool our fucking jets. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I hope Howe at least gets the shot at seeing out his contract. He seems hard working, honest, a good communicator, uninterested in waffle and bullshit and is getting the best out of what he has.

He will also develop as a manager over this time.

For me, the key will be how he managers the “superstars” over the coming years, but already he seems to be very interested in the players attitude as well as their ability.

I love Keegan as well, but he wouldn’t have been the same manager if he wasn’t backed to the hilt by the board.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

grammatical mistakes aside, i'm going to respectfully disagree with the rest of your post. not your point about flip-flopping from wetting the bed to shaking the sausage - i'm as guilty as anyone for that.

but on howe's impact, i think you're wrong. he was slow out of the blocks, there was no new manager bounce, but he has been able to implement his way of playing. it took a little longer than hoped, but it's a completely different style of play to what we've seen for the past few years. i think the recent results are more down to him than the cash he's been able to splash. obviously that helps but we've only seen 2-3 of the new players on the pitch at a time so far. 

gary neville summed it up after the game - we look a completely different side in terms of how far up the pitch we're playing, the distance between the lines and the way the press has been drilled and executed. credit to the manager for that

Formatting issues aside, I'm going to disrespectfully tell you you're wrong.

Howe has dramatically improved the performances of the team and improvedbrought on players like Shelvey, Willock, .. fuck it I'm not listing them all as it's hard to think of a player who hasn't improved under Eddie's shepherding. That said, Keegan was the catalyst, he got the club in a headlock and demanded we got better. He cajoled and lied and inspired and delivered the kind of rise from calamity that just won't happen at any other club again. Eddie isn't doing that, he's 'just' doing his job. 

It's way better than Bruce, but I don't see Howe as the transformative figure, just an agent of that change. 

I think we're arguing over semantics, which I'm extremely fond of doing.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The lad on the TF podcast was saying he's not sure there's another manager he'd want in charge of this set of players. I'm inclined to agree. 

And anyone that wants to disagree can SHUT THEIR FUCKING FACES cos my mind is made up. 

Eddie is my dreamboat. 

By the fucking way, it is DULY NOTED that the FUCKING Fish won't hear a bad word about maverick knackers in the playing squad, but when a manager delivers frankly extraordinary changes to the output of previously shit players, he tells us all to cool our fucking jets. 

tenor.gif

I'd have Pep, or Klopp, or Simeone, or...

Howe's good, but even with mint players, he's not l33t

I’ve been a fully paid up member of the dry sheet brigade for quite some time.

Let’s not get carried away though. Howe has done a good job so far, we look like we’ve remembered how to defend and are playing with a lot more energy.

However, it is still very early days so let’s see where we are at the end of the season. 

That said, this shouldn’t in any way stop Gemmill from going on a stadium tour and having a good old sniff of the seat Eddie babes sits on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Formatting issues aside, I'm going to disrespectfully tell you you're wrong.

Howe has dramatically improved the performances of the team and improvedbrought on players like Shelvey, Willock, .. fuck it I'm not listing them all as it's hard to think of a player who hasn't improved under Eddie's shepherding. That said, Keegan was the catalyst, he got the club in a headlock and demanded we got better. He cajoled and lied and inspired and delivered the kind of rise from calamity that just won't happen at any other club again. Eddie isn't doing that, he's 'just' doing his job. 

It's way better than Bruce, but I don't see Howe as the transformative figure, just an agent of that change. 

I think we're arguing over semantics, which I'm extremely fond of doing.

what formatting issues? :lol:

43 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I hope Howe at least gets the shot at seeing out his contract. He seems hard working, honest, a good communicator, uninterested in waffle and bullshit and is getting the best out of what he has.

He will also develop as a manager over this time.

For me, the key will be how he managers the “superstars” over the coming years, but already he seems to be very interested in the players attitude as well as their ability.

I love Keegan as well, but he wouldn’t have been the same manager if he wasn’t backed to the hilt by the board.

Butcher spent the same as Keegan the following season, approximately £2m and had them fighting relegation to the 3rd division. KK added to it second half of the season but we were already the best side in the division at that point. He also didn't break the bank to finish 3rd in our first season up so you can go fuck yourself with that shite, CT. :lol: (All done in style with great football to watch).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what formatting issues? :lol:

It was on a white background, like you'd put the first draft on word, then copied across failing to 'paste as plain text' like a pro would.

Edited by The Fish

9 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Alex Bruce strikes me as the type of bloke who has got to age 37 and actually doesn't know how to read and write. 

If not for his old man, he'd have married his cousin and she'd be filling out all his forms. 

I bet he can spell “disabledb twatmalialsielal ” though, eh? :lol:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It was on a white background, like you'd put the first draft on word, then copied across failing to 'paste as plain text' like a pro would.

i can't see it, maybe cos i'm on the light mode. 

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Butcher spent the same as Keegan the following season, approximately £2m and had them fighting relegation to the 3rd division. KK added to it second half of the season but we were already the best side in the division at that point. He also didn't break the bank to finish 3rd in our first season up so you can go fuck yourself with that shite, CT. :lol: (All done in style with great football to watch).

:lol: Calm down. I’m on about his reign here. We wouldn’t have brought in the players we did without solid backing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i can't see it, maybe cos i'm on the light mode. 

Your posts are often an abortion mate.  The appearance, not the content.   Do you write it elsewhere and paste it in?  

5 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Your posts are often an abortion mate.  The appearance, not the content.   Do you write it elsewhere and paste it in?  

Yeah, sometimes. Always looks ok in light mode