Eddie Howe

Tom

So according to Fish

Howe isn't the driving force behind the rejuvenated Newcastle

and then

Howe has dramatically improved the performances of the team and improved brought on players like Shelvey, Willock, .. fuck it I'm not listing them all as it's hard to think of a player who hasn't improved under Eddie's shepherding

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha 13

I'm excited about Howe. I think if we can have stability in the years ahead that puts us several steps down the road toward getting to the top. So far we've had an uptick in performance (both results and style of play). There is a clear plan on and off the pitch that there hasn't been evidence of in a long long time. He's built up a solid rapport with the existing players and brought in players with the proper approach and attitude. The players seem to like him. I don't think I've seen a player who he's coached speak badly of him. If there was any doubt then Trippier signing is evidence that Howe is respected by the people that matter: players. That's huge. For me, Howe is capable of being that long-term appointment we need for that reason, but also because he appears to be intelligent, hard-working and (most importantly) honest. Exciting times for us all.

• Like 4

I was admittedly underwhelmed by the appointment of Howe but, on reflection, reeled my over expectant heed in. What the fuck did we expect? We all wanted a big name, instant hard ons for that insipid cunt Emery (me included btw), some mention Ragnerock (aye great job at the Manc twats so far) and a few others.

We were all giddy with the utter unexpected/unbelievableness of our new situation and all that.

Let’s reflect on Kenny Dalglish, big name, guaranteed success….. Aye right.

Eddie Howe has been fucking tremendous since he came in, his professionalism, work ethic, apparent ambition, media savvy, honesty, drive…. I could go on. And that’s not even me licking his hoop…. Just my honest appraisal.  Christ the bloke is only 44 and has been a manager for 13 or 14 years.

Some say he was a tad slow in changing the results around. Fucking hell he was sweeping up the remains of 2+ years of Steven Bacon Bruce.

Gan on Eddie bonny lad, hope it all falls right for you.

Edited by Dougle
  • Like 9

Aye, agreed. I was similarly underwhelmed by his appointment but he’s doing a good job so far, and is a really likeable bloke. He’s also clearly knows what a big chance this is for him, as well as us, so he’s working his bollocks off and putting everything into the role. 

He of course has a long way to go to reach the level of manager for where our owners want the club to be, but the same can be said for the entire club, he’s young and I think he has shown he’s improving (we’re showing more defensive solidarity than his Bournemouth sides). Traditionally recruitment has been the thing leveled at him as a negative, and now seemingly that’s been taken out of his hands to a degree meaning he can focus on coaching. I’d personally love to have a manager grow with the club as we go on to win things, hopefully it’s him. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

So according to Fish

and then

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Howe is responsible for getting the players playing better, cool. Keegan changed the whole fucking club. These are not the same thing.

So you best take my name out your mouth.

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Howe is responsible for getting the players playing better, cool. Keegan changed the whole fucking club. These are not the same thing.

So you best take my name out your mouth.

Howe has had 100 days here man.  Give the bloke a chance.

Who has put him up with Keegan?  Howe's energy and graft and professionalism has had a huge impact on the club. 

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Howe has had 100 days here man.  Give the bloke a chance.

Who has put him up with Keegan?  Howe's energy and graft and professionalism has had a huge impact on the club. 

That's it, I'm calling HR.

I like Howe, I think he's done well. I'm giving him a chance.

@Monkeys Fist did it on the first page.

• Haha 2

On 14/02/2022 at 19:42, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s probably very premature of me, but that won’t the first or last time, but I honestly think that he could end up as a less charismatic, but just as important to the club, Keegan type figure. 

There are certain parallels with KK’s time that I can see being replayed-

the club coming out of a seriously shite period of underinvestment and disengagement with the fans,

New owners with a vision, ambition, and a chequebook to make you weep tears of joy. 
A lack of expectation, for want of a better word, from the media as a whole ( he’s pretty much seen as a stop-gap manager until we’re in a position to challenge the usual suspects). 

What I’m saying is that I think we’ve got someone in him  who’s not yet the finished product, but definitely has the potential to be excellent, much like the club, and if it goes well I’d like to see him given the chance to grow with us, instead of getting some “name” gaffer in a few years. 

If he gets it right, and he’s got the financial clout so it’s purely down to him making the right choices, and he wins us our first silverware in almost a lifetime, he’s got himself Legendary status… and I honestly think he’s the bloke to do it. 

There. :lol:

I really think you need to re-read what Fist said.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I really think you need to re-read what Fist said.

I think you need to re-re-re-re-re-read it. 

Fist suggested that Howe could be 'just as important' as Keegan. When no, no he can't. Keegan took the club from calamity to the very peak of the Premier League, attracting some wonderful players, playing unbelievable football, changing the whole feeling of the club.

Howe has done well, but there's just no way he's be as transformative a figure as Keegan was.

Just now, The Fish said:

I think you need to re-re-re-re-re-read it. 

Fist suggested that Howe could be 'just as important' as Keegan. When no, no he can't. Keegan took the club from calamity to the very peak of the Premier League, attracting some wonderful players, playing unbelievable football, changing the whole feeling of the club.

Howe has done well, but there's just no way he's be as transformative a figure as Keegan was.

I think the key word there is COULD.

FYI - https://bfy.tw/SZOU

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think the key word there is COULD.

FYI - https://bfy.tw/SZOU

It's irrelevant. Because he cannot. It is not feasible. Howe would have to taken the job when we were in danger of dropping into the third tier, then revolutionise the playing staff, singlehandedly wrangling agents, players and the owner, he'd have to have reached higher than the owners thought possible. 

So stop this, it's ridiculous, and the way you know it's ridiculous is the person who said it in the first place isn't backing you up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's irrelevant. Because he cannot. It is not feasible. Howe would have to taken the job when we were in danger of dropping into the third tier, then revolutionise the playing staff, singlehandedly wrangling agents, players and the owner, he'd have to have reached higher than the owners thought possible. 

So stop this, it's ridiculous, and the way you know it's ridiculous is the person who said it in the first place isn't backing you up.

in fairness I don't think at any point MF was attempting a dissertation when comparing the 2 blokes, only referencing 'certain parellels' which most certainly exsist, albeit keegan started from a much lower base point.

• Like 4