Eddie Howe

Tom

40 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Haven't read any entry but some good takes in there, one of the few places I've seen actually writing down that Lampard actually had no better a record than Benitez.

I said it before it even happened. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I said it before it even happened. 

You also said they would be relegated.  Stopped clock? :smile:

Edited by RobinRobin

• 1 month later...

When you think back to last summer when we had Ashley, Charnley and Bruce running affairs and now look. Eales, Ashworth & Howe - all retained on long-term contracts. 

The foundations for a stable, long-term project are embedded. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

When you think back to last summer when we had Ashley, Charnley and Bruce running affairs and now look. Eales, Ashworth & Howe - all retained on long-term contracts. 

The foundations for a stable, long-term project are embedded. 

It makes me almost wet my pants but not with piss.

Lee Ryder has also come a little over the top with the renovation: "If Howe's wish comes true (to win a trophy) they should make a space between Alan Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson for a new statue."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Lee Ryder has also come a little over the top with the renovation: "If Howe's wish comes true (to win a trophy) they should make a space between Alan Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson for a new statue."

they should've made a one for keegan before either of them two in fairness.

no disrespect to robson, I loved his time at newcastle but his achievements pale in to insignificance in comparison to how keegan changed the fortunes of the club...... twice.

• Like 6

By all accounts Keegan has refused the suggestion of a statue because, in his words, he didn't win anything. 

I totally agree with your sentiment though...

If we did put up a statue of KK ( which I’d be fully onboard with), can you imagine the queues of fewmin’ six-fingered freaks lining up in the middle of the night to hurl abuse at it whilst having their picture taken on the family Nokia 3310? 

It could be a new tourist attraction, like the Ghost Walks in York and Edinburgh-

“Sign up here for this evening’s “ Mackems Shouting at Statues” tour, starts at 2:30am, nose pegs provided.”

• Haha 6

just a little thing here....

my little rag tag  bunch of weary, mostly old, fellow renault travellers who were occupied with their painfully cramped conditions or mobile phones fell in to complete silence when howe's post match interview came on 5live. 

my ashley imposed exile included the benitez era so I can't really comment, but I'd be astonished if his post match interviews commanded as much attention as those since keegan or robson.

he's articulate, eloquent, thorough and so very, very obviously knowledgeable about his job. love the bloke.  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it.

Cundy is a cunt and is that Jamie O'Hara?  Another cunt who played at a shit level.

If I am on the bus I listen to Goldstein on my way home.  Him and Darren Bent are the only ones worth listening on TalkSport,  Both have humility and both talk some decent stuff.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 11:38, Tom said:

I must say it’s bizarre having a manager who’s interviews you actually want to listen to.

:wub:

"My ideal is that we’re booed off every week when we go to away grounds, because you don’t want to be popular. We’re here to win."

• Like 2

not really the biggest fan of alan shearer on match of the day, but have to say I agreed with him entirely with regard to howe being too nice last night.

love eddie's eloquence and measured responses on the whole however there's also room to display some justified anger, especially over the events of our last 2 games. 

get the cunts telt in no uncertain terms man, nice blokes win nowt.

• Like 1