Eddie Howe

Tom

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Here's a question though - if a high-profile manager became was available and interested in taking over, say a Guardiola or Ancelotti, would you want the change? Not for me - right now Howe is absolutely what we need. 

Me neither- Guardiola would be the only one I’d even consider, and then, you’d have to look at the possible negative effect it would have on the squad- you’d be starting all over again, but with the strong chance of a bit of resentment amongst some the players.*
Howe has done more than enough for me to think he deserves his shot at seeing through the rebuild. 
Howe is only going to get better, I think. 
How he spent his time out of work is very telling. 

• Like 1

Howe is class in interviews and he was class on that High Performance Podcast*, and honestly you can just fuck off if you think otherwise. 

*I would NEVER listen to another episode of that podcast btw. It's proper Executive Coaching horseshit, but listening to a bloke who you actually want to be obsessed with high performance talk about that obsession was good. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, The Fish said:

Absolutely agree. When I watched that interview I didn't really get the sense this was some show of vulnerability, some peak behind the curtain. The closest I came to seeing the private Eddie Howe was when he spoke of wishing he could have spoken to his late mother again. Even then and when he talked about missing parent-teacher meetings, or spending time with his kids it felt like there was a guard up. Which, like you say, isn't a criticism just an assessment. He's not the kind of public figure that gets your pulse racing, but frankly I don't want or need that from the manager. He clearly has personal connections with his players and that's what really matters.

Said it before, but he reminds of of Hughton in that regard, measured, professional, comes across well without stirring oratory, or endearing charm. 

I for one demand stirring oratory from my football manager 

• Haha 2

Love his face after the swig of water like "why does this pop taste so bland". Are we sure that this isn't Ricky Gervais with some prosthetics and make up?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Lovely man. I hope he’s getting the very life ridden out of him by Mrs Howe this evening 

probably just about give mrs howe a pearl necklace and oliver holt'll pop out the wardrobe and ask him what he thinks of the saudi ownership.   :( 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The FA haven’t got the cash to poach him or Potter, I’d say. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see Lampard view it as a quick way out of Everton.

Or they do a Southgate and promote Carsley :lol: 

Not sure about the cash angle, that can be sorted, I worry about the unsettling  “when your country calls” bollocks etc etc

I hope for Steeeevie G and they can keep their fucking hands off Eddie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

He will want to see through this project.  

I sincerely hope so, but can you imagine the noise in the press if he turned it down “blood money over country” and the like, they’d make his life hell.

Be huge pressure on him, he and we don’t need, either way.

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I sincerely hope so, but can you imagine the noise in the press if he turned it down “blood money over country” and the like, they’d make his life hell.

Be huge pressure on him, he and we don’t need, either way.

Do they make public showings though? 

Surely the first approach is discrete to protect both parties?  Like watsapping a hooker, for instance.