Eddie Howe

Tom

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was farcical, was a bit of a joke going around that Smith had been drugged and woke up in a Newcastle hotel with a pen in his hand and a signed contract in front of him. It wasn't just Ashley who was useless. Colin Suggett took charge but he wasn't convincing, was probably sub-Carver tbh. 

He didn't one thing of note in the two months he was caretaker. He signed Liam O'Brien. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:wub:

"I don’t get where this time-wasting nonsense has come from because it’s not us and you saw today, we wanted the ball back in play as quickly as possible. High energy, high tempo."

• Like 2

You can tell the publicly mild mannered Sir Eddie fucking hates ten Hag like. I liked Pardew as the Toon manager for two moments:

1. Calling Pellegrini an old cunt

2. Nutting Meyler

I suspect if/when we're fighting for titles a bit of radgie is ganna emerge.

I love him. He’s thoughtful, dignified and speaks about as honestly as a football manager can afford to. I loved his response to egghead’s bullshit, both the finger pointing and his response in the press conference. 

• Like 5

After our form last year I often thought how we'd handle the inevitable blip that will come. He's managed it perfectly. Switched around a few players to re-energize the team, retained confidence and intensity levels in the squad during the dip in form and got us playing good football again very quickly.

Funny how things work out sometimes, if we hadn't been in a relegation scrap at the time of the takeover, the club might have gone for a Tuchel/Ten Hag type profile. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I love him. He’s thoughtful, dignified and speaks about as honestly as a football manager can afford to. I loved his response to egghead’s bullshit, both the finger pointing and his response in the press conference. 

Aye he’s incredible tbh, you’d never think in the lead up to this game we were the side who hadn’t been in this sort of position for donkeys years and they were the team that were used to it, Ten Hag looked like he was lashing out under pressure and losing his cool while Eddie didn’t rise to it, the tactics from both pointed to it as well tbh. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Funny how things work out sometimes, if we hadn't been in a relegation scrap at the time of the takeover, the club might have gone for a Tuchel/Ten Hag type profile. 

They did and the stupid cunt that said no is now a beige boring twat.

Sometime life gives you what you want, sometimes you get lucky and you end up with what you need, EH is exactly what we needed.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye he’s incredible tbh, you’d never think in the lead up to this game we were the side who hadn’t been in this sort of position for donkeys years and they were the team that were used to it, Ten Hag looked like he was lashing out under pressure and losing his cool while Eddie didn’t rise to it, the tactics from both pointed to it as well tbh. 

Their manager had a mare on and off the pitch for this game, fuck all will be said by the same cunts who will even now go on about mind games about KK or if it's another manager of another club now. I'm sure if Eddie had as big a mare as Ten Slaag there'd have been Twit and Twat from the MSM asking if it was getting to him? Off the pitch, he gave the our lads a bit of extra motivation, his team's in game management and trying to slow us down was mercilessly slaughtered in the ground by our support and heard throughout the land by those who watched it but you'll not hear a peep out the mutv lot. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Their manager had a mare on and off the pitch for this game, fuck all will be said by the same cunts who will even now go on about mind games about KK or if it's another manager of another club now. I'm sure if Eddie had as big a mare as Ten Slaag there'd have been Twit and Twat from the MSM asking if it was getting to him? Off the pitch, he gave the our lads a bit of extra motivation, his team's in game management and trying to slow us down was mercilessly slaughtered in the ground by our support and heard throughout the land by those who watched it but you'll not hear a peep out the mutv lot. 

The smirk Howe got on his face when asked if he had used Ten Hag's comments to motivate the team told you everything you needed to know. As if the cup final wasn't motivation enough, he gave us even more to play for, the clueless prick.

He might think twice before calling us annoying cheats next time.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He'll love the place until long after he's left the club, and he'll defend it til he dies.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s taking the piss now :lol: 

RTG are going to love that, if only Ed could've hoyed in a 50,000 screaming Geordies line just to finish them off. :lol:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

RTG are going to love that, if only Ed could've hoyed in a 50,000 screaming Geordies line just to finish them off. :lol:

and mentioned the airport

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...

About a week ago or something I made a post where I said Eddie wasn’t quite world class, yet. 

donald-trump-wrong.gif

Starting with him saving us from what was an almost nailed on relegation, to his incredible ability to turn average players in to world beaters, to his humility when faced with his repeated success, he’s absolutely, unquestionably, world fucking class. 

I’m under no illusion that next season doesn’t have  plenty of potential Holden McGroins, but I can’t think of another manager I’d rather have leading us through it. 

The best thing about it all, is that had, by some miracle, this happened under Ashley, we’d be wondering which “big” club he’d be moving on to…

… now though, who, genuinely, could take him off us? 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1