Eddie Howe

Tom

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

"People talk about them being the richest club in the world, but Eddie Howe has kept them up by signing Chris Wood and Dan Burn, not Messi and Ronaldo."

Aye

• Like 2

So he gets us 11th after boarding a sinking ship. Great job and finishing 11th rather than 10th maybe not the worst omen after SBR had two 11th finishes whilst he sorted the team out so that we then finished in the CL spots the following season and after the Hughton/Pardew 11th place finish we then finished fifth. Obviously if that happened again the trick is not just investing in a Lee Bowyer or a Vurnon Anita. :good:

• Like 5

On 31/12/2014 at 09:58, PaddockLad said:

Chucking 43 million at the club help any?

Bournemouth are pretty traditional rivals (obviously not strictly local) of Brentford, they've very often been in the same division over the last half century and it's just over an hour up the m3. Eddie Howe is getting all the plaudits there but he couldn't do fuck all without the budget that the local Oligarch is chucking his way. Neither set of fans can believe what's happening at these clubs, but it's chiefly down to money.

No real harm in a two year deal for someone like Rosler though iyam. The risks aren't sky high, and it can be reviewed in May.

On 27/09/2020 at 15:33, PaddockLad said:

Howe is likely to turn us down as he's unlikely to take a job north of Watford :cuppa:

On 29/12/2019 at 10:37, PaddockLad said:

Anyone reckon the dildo sellers would be stupid enough to give Howe a crack at West Ham? 🤔

Eddie Howe gets the usual great PR from the sock puppets in the football media that English managers always get but he's about as mediocre as the rest of them. He can't drill a defence, went months on end at least twice without a win etc....am fairly certain we're only being linked with him because he hasn't got a job anyway...

Can we take a moment to discuss PL’s vendetta against Eddie Howe?

• Haha 8

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

So he gets us 11th after boarding a sinking ship. Great job and finishing 11th rather than 10th maybe not the worst omen after SBR had two 11th finishes whilst he sorted the team out so that we then finished in the CL spots the following season and after the Hughton/Pardew 11th place finish we then finished fifth. Obviously if that happened again the trick is not just investing in a Lee Bowyer or a Vurnon Anita. :good:

Be fair - we got Bigirimana too.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Can we take a moment to discuss PL’s vendetta against Eddie Howe?

what inspired that dig back in time to 2014? :lol:

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

New Year’s Eve 2014….Pardew had just walked and Carver had been appointed as caretaker…think we were being linked with two hotshot championship coaches… Eddie Howe & Uwe Rosler  :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was wondering what exactly the feeling was on Eddie Howe back when he was at Bournemouth so had a little look and pretty much everyone was speaking positively about him with one notable exception...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I was wondering what exactly the feeling was on Eddie Howe back when he was at Bournemouth so had a little look and pretty much everyone was speaking positively about him with one notable exception...

well I for one am glad he was NAMED and SHAMED.

Keep up the good work :cuppa:

• Haha 7

To be expected really. Can’t see any possible argument that he deserves it over Howe tbh, but I don’t think anyone can be surprised as they weren’t ever giving it to Howe. 

Edited by Howay

1 hour ago, Howay said:

To be expected really. Can’t see any possible argument that he deserves it over Howe tbh, but I don’t think anyone can be surprised as they weren’t ever giving it to Howe. 

It’s poses/photos like the one above that make me want to rid him of a few teeth in that fake plastic (porcelin) smile.

You would never catch wor Eddie being such a cunterhead.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Where’s this narrative come from that Liverpool don’t have much money btw? They’re fucking loaded

Possibly thay Klopp seems to work on a smaller budget and he does seem to consider his transfers more than other teams. 

I don’t think I’ll know who I want to win the CL until I start watching the match. That’s if I bother. It’s a shame one of them has to win it 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Man meets minimum expectations, falls slightly short of desired result awarded for outstanding achievement.

Eddie Howe win Manager of the Season based on xP and xR.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Where’s this narrative come from that Liverpool don’t have much money btw? They’re fucking loaded

Perception is reality. Newcastle bought their way out of relegation. Liverpool's players do it out of their love for the game and the local area so they're paid a fraction of what other players are. They're also all local, as is their manager John Croft who changed his name only so he won't be discriminated against in European competitions. Their run to second is a miracle story.

• Haha 5