Eddie Howe

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Spurs fan on Sunday night suggest Howe had been 'found out' and was no better than Bruce. 

Wasn't keen for me to highlight it was typical Spurs behaviour and that's why they sack managers every 5 minutes.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its weird that in we aren't quite up there challenging for a title like Keegan but we are giving everyone a game. A bit more at Robson level.

Its fantastic.

I heard a great Robson quote, think it was on TF podcast.  Something along the likes of 'We wont be challenging for the title, but we shall challenge those who are challenging for the title' 

• Like 1

I loved Robson's pragmatism when it came to answering rhetorical questions from journalists. 

I remember him being asked when we were top of the table towards the end of the 2002/03 season "can you win the title." His typical response was "if we don't lose any of the remaining games this season, yes we can."

• Like 3

Bobby, If you win against Arsenal that would take you top of the league for Christmas

If's the biggest word in football son, if I had wings I could fly to the moon

Sure, but would you like to be there

What, the moon?

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2022 at 07:59, Holden McGroin said:

Its weird that in we aren't quite up there challenging for a title like Keegan but we are giving everyone a game. A bit more at Robson level.

Its fantastic.

Who says we’re not challenging? We’re six points off the top and are the form team

• Like 1

We’re about as high in the league as we conceivably could be, the other surprise is Arsenal being above us and not Liverpool. We’re six points behind and the two above us both have a game in hand. We were top for three months the season we signed Bellamy & Robert. That was a challenge for the title, this is a challenge for the top 4 only iyam :cuppa:

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

20221107_080149.thumb.jpg.483e37ea7f16c682a1bceafcf63eb9c9.jpg

That turnaround is mental. Also underlines what a fucking useless prick Bruce is. 

But was that highlighted on Sky? No it wasn't even muttered. Just that we had spent £200m

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’re about as high in the league as we conceivably could be, the other surprise is Arsenal being above us and not Liverpool. We’re six points behind and the two above us both have a game in hand. We were top for three months the season we signed Bellamy & Robert. That was a challenge for the title, this is a challenge for the top 4 only iyam :cuppa:

Think the bookies’ odds are a realistic reflection of where we are. Best odds for us to win it are 66/1 and you can still get 5/2 for us to finish top four. 

• Like 1