Eddie Howe

Tom

I am just enjoying the ride after years of shit and false promises. I agree the WC could be favourable for us but let’s just see what happens. I am confident of top 6 at least which is a great improvement.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Surreymag said:

I am just enjoying the ride after years of shit and false promises. I agree the WC could be favourable for us but let’s just see what happens. I am confident of top 6 at least which is a great improvement.

yeah, we're at the stage where we're not used to being where we are so we should enjoy seeing how far up the table we can finish. a few years from now, when we're chasing the quadruple, it will be old hat and far less exciting. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

Btw, aren’t there going to be 48 teams in the next one? Fucking mental 

Yeah, crazy stuff. I guess reduces the chance of missing the otherwise inevitable big European countries a.k.a. Italy.

Have you seen some of the confirmed joint bids for 2030? Spain/Portugal/Ukraine is one but my personal favourite is a joint Egyptian/Greek/Saudi bid :lol: 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have you seen some of the confirmed joint bids for 2030? Spain/Portugal/Ukraine is one but my personal favourite is a joint Egyptian/Greek/Saudi bid :lol: 

Well at least the Mackems wouldn't go if it went to the Saudis :lol:

11 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

A really subtle point but I noticed him making reference to the Norwich game where "we had a player sent off early in the match." He didn't refer to Clark by name despite the fact he's still technically our player. 

I reckon Clark indelibly marked his own cards that day and further cemented it with his second red card in the Al-Ittihad friendly. It also sends a strong message to the rest of the squad as to who the boss is. 

Just now, Alex said:

Aye, and he was an accident waiting to happen by that point. 

There were others that had the potential to go down a similar path. IIRC Shelvey's red card against Spurs was stupid but he seemed to sort himself out. 

What is everyone's 'sliding doors' moment of last season? The win away to Leeds?

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

There were others that had the potential to go down a similar path. IIRC Shelvey's red card against Spurs was stupid but he seemed to sort himself out. 

What is everyone's 'sliding doors' moment of last season? The win away to Leeds?

I felt the home performance against Man United gave belief and the Leeds result realised it.

• Like 3

Over the course of the last 38 league games under Howe:

P 38

W 20

D 9

L 9

GF 56

GA 43

GD +13

PTS 69

In last season's table we'd have finished 5th - level on points and GD with Arsenal but ahead of them by virtue we'd have scored more goals - 56 vs 48.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

In my books, Scotland goes to the World Cup.

(And I get paid to write about the World Cup, hahaha).

PS: At least I said Fraser. Could have been worse and said Ritchie.

You mean “2016 Scotland footballer of the year Matt Ritchie”? :cuppa:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14464150.ritchie-named-sfwa-international-player-year/

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

In my books, Scotland goes to the World Cup.

(And I get paid to write about the World Cup, hahaha).

PS: At least I said Fraser. Could have been worse and said Ritchie.

To be fair to you it's possible Fraser is going to the World Cup to be inside that La'eeb headdress ghost sting-ray mascot thing that they refuse to identify.

• Haha 2