Howe's Peace Loving Mags v Potter's Wand Waving Wankers

wykikitoon

#HWTL

8 games unbeaten? Howe has taken the team to 7 unbeaten with a tougher defence.  Back at home after two away games on the spin.  We have a few games on the bounce now so wonder if he will start Bruno soon.  It's mad thinking that we have Shelvey in and fully worthy of his place. 

Brighton seem to play well away from home.  But have recently had a slump so we shall see.

#makelovenotwar 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i was all for starting bruno straight after he signed but you don't drop any of that midfield. it would be criminal the way all three are playing. bruno's going to have to wait patiently for his chance.

i'm going for a home win. i imagine sjp will be rocking on the back of recent performances and now the pressure has eased. brighton are a good side and have a decent record against us but it feels like a good time to be playing them. 

another superb thread title pretty much guarantees us the three points :lol:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was all for starting bruno straight after he signed but you don't drop any of that midfield. it would be criminal the way all three are playing. bruno's going to have to wait patiently for his chance.

i'm going for a home win. i imagine sjp will be rocking on the back of recent performances and now the pressure has eased. brighton are a good side and have a decent record against us but it feels like a good time to be playing them. 

another superb thread title pretty much guarantees us the three points :lol:

Totally agree.

This isn't just blind optimism either.  We are confident.  The stats back it up too.  We are hard to break down.  We have players buzzing all over and the midfield is just that.  They all know what is expected of them.  I just can't wait for the next game at the moment.  MENTAL and LOVING IT!

• Like 4

Football doesn't always work out logically but we've looked more than handy in the last few games and Brighton have looked shit. Attitude needs to be spot on as any let up gets punished, it's great the confidence is back but it's hard work that's brought them that confidence. We owe Brighton a beating up here. 

• Like 5

Crucial period and games coming thick and fast:

Saturday: Brighton (H) 

Thursday: Southampton (A) 

Sunday: Chelsea (A) 

Thursday:  Everton (A) 

Sunday: Palace (H) 

Might we see some rotation in the midfield over this period... ? Anyway home win please to start the run of games off on the right foot. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Might we see some rotation in the midfield over this period... ? Anyway home win please to start the run of games off on the right foot. 

8 points minimum needed

31 minutes ago, Rosco said:

8 points minimum needed

I'm not sure about that like. That would take us to 33 points with 8 games still to play. 36 is probably gonna be plenty for safety so "8 points minimum needed" doesn't sound right to me. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Wait, Brighton at home is our next game? Christ, this is very winnable.

I'm guessing we'll have ASM back too?

I'm personally wondering how "injured" ASM actually is. Some of his 70 minute onwards limping and sitting down clearly seems to get on Howe's tits (if you see him on camera on match of the day the other week, he's just shaking his head at him as he tries to play to be subbed).

We seem more robust in possession without him, the number of turnarounds is much lower ..

Edited by scoobos

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not sure about that like. That would take us to 33 points with 8 games still to play. 36 is probably gonna be plenty for safety so "8 points minimum needed" doesn't sound right to me. 

Nah I would be happy with 8 points.  We are bound to lose some games on the way.

10 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I'm personally wondering how "injured" ASM actually is. Some of his 70 minute onwards limping and sitting down clearly seems to get on Howe's tits (if you see him on camera on match of the day the other week, he's just shaking his head at him as he tries to play to be subbed).

We seem more robust in possession without him, the number of turnarounds is much lower ..

Was wondering the same the other day. 

16 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Hadn't picked up on this, but fair.

I doubt ASM would be arsing about in a hyperbaric chamber in Monaco if he wasn't injured. Plus whatever you want to say about his play acting, he was pretty much unplayable against Everton. Was just thinking that I'd take a draw against Brighton if it meant we could give Southampton a good tonking up at St Mary's. Hassenhoople can fuck right off after his whinging about us, postponed games, and the transfer window.

Edited by Polarboy

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

i can see us getting 10 points from those games on current form, which pretty much keeps us up, which will be just the job ahead of that sticky run at the end of the season 

though 6-7 wouldn't be the worst outcome, thanks to our recent turnaround. 

burnley are the team to worry about. they look like they're going to get out of it. the worry then is if we start top see a new manager bounce at leeds or everton 

Edited by Dr Gloom

On the subject of Southampton did anyone see Neville and Carragher pointing out that Southampton have consistently been getting a player to pretend to be injured around the 65 minute mark in matches, in order for the rest of the team to refuel, take water, gels etc. It's perhaps not on the same level as getting a match postponed when you don't need to, but it's still a bit of chicanery from the sanctimonious Hassenhuttl.