Pundits & Ex Players who can Fuck right off

Tom

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Guivarc’h won the fucker. 

I'd done a great job of managing to forget that useless fucker. Thanks MF, he going to piss me off for days now :lol:

• Haha 2

One thing that always pisses me off with these pundits that tbh may be down to my own bias - Owen mentioned it in that clip - this notion that SJP is great when the team is flying but the polar opposite when things are going badly. As if the fans are very much a double edged sword.

Granted, when it's going badly we'll have a quieter stadium as with any club - and granted, there was some loud and raucous protest under Ashley, aimed at Ashley. But I cannot for the life of me remember a match when the fans really got on the team's back and generated a really toxic atmosphere. Am I just looking at us with rose tinted glasses? I mean I've seen loads of other clubs do this - Sunderland fans got themselves relegated to League One as a consequence of doing it after all - but do we?

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

One thing that always pisses me off with these pundits that tbh may be down to my own bias - Owen mentioned it in that clip - this notion that SJP is great when the team is flying but the polar opposite when things are going badly. As if the fans are very much a double edged sword.

Granted, when it's going badly we'll have a quieter stadium as with any club - and granted, there was some loud and raucous protest under Ashley, aimed at Ashley. But I cannot for the life of me remember a match when the fans really got on the team's back and generated a really toxic atmosphere. Am I just looking at us with rose tinted glasses? I mean I've seen loads of other clubs do this - Sunderland fans got themselves relegated to League One as a consequence of doing it after all - but do we?

Just once that I can recall. Coventry City (H) in October 1988. We were absolutely dogshit and 3-0 down by half time. Players were booed off at HT and booed when they came back on the pitch for the 2nd half. McFaul was sacked within days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Certainly in the last ten years or so, our anger has usually been directed at the owner or the manager, players  have often got a free ride because of it.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Just once that I can recall. Coventry City (H) in October 1988. We were absolutely dogshit and 3-0 down by half time. Players were booed off at HT and booed when they came back on the pitch for the 2nd half. McFaul was sacked within days.

The Milburn stand rose and gave some venomous shit towards the director's box making it crystal clear it was the board who was to blame. I think after that the board obviously did what boards back then did and sacked McFaul. Not saying everyone else got off Scot free but from my recollection it was definitely aimed at the board. 'sack the board' was probably the give away. ;)

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

The Milburn stand rose and gave some venomous shit towards the director's box making it crystal clear it was the board who was to blame. I think after that the board obviously did what boards back then did and sacked McFaul. Not saying everyone else got off Scot free but from my recollection it was definitely aimed at the board. 'sack the board' was probably the give away. ;)

Spot on. It's the only time I ever witness toxicity towards those on the pitch though. McFaul as bang average as he was definitely thrown under the bus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Spot on. It's the only time I ever witness toxicity towards those on the pitch though. McFaul as bang average as he was definitely thrown under the bus. 

Was that the game where most of the corner were sat down chanting "sack the board"? Outside the turnstiles after too...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Was that the game where most of the corner were sat down chanting "sack the board"? Outside the turnstiles after too...

TBF that happened most of the season. Got worse towards then end when the bedsheet brigade kept getting onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

Home game v Hull after KK had left as manager must’ve been a difficult atmosphere for the players. Even if the anger is was mainly directed at the owner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

TBF that happened most of the season. Got worse towards then end when the bedsheet brigade kept getting onto the pitch. 

Yeah, I think the Coventry game was maybe  the first time , we were in the pics in the Journal on the Monday. Some wise cunt showed my boss at work who then earmarked as a football hooligan for the rest of my apprenticeship..

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex said:

Home game v Hull after KK had left as manager must’ve been a difficult atmosphere for the players. Even if the anger is was mainly directed at the owner

Yep, although I don't think at that point it had landed with most just how much of a cunt of an owner we were dealing with. His cronies were feeding fake reports that new owners were lined up who were going to appoint Keegan & Shearer as a management team IIRC. Most of us bought that level of bollocks at the time and held onto it as optimism. 

• Like 1

Aye, I think he was definitely selling the club almost immediately m, going off what was being said. All the other shite since then makes you forget about that. 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I think he was definitely selling the club almost immediately m, going off what was being said. All the other shite since then makes you forget about that. 

Remember all the 'my family aren't safe to be in the ground' bollocks? Utter cunt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Remember all the 'my family aren't safe to be in the ground' bollocks? Utter cunt.

Which was on ‘police advice’ which led to Northumbria Police denying issuing any such advice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Which was on ‘police advice’ which led to Northumbria Police denying issuing any such advice. 

The only person who was going to be strung up was him, preferrably from the Milburn roof although I'm not sure the cantilever would have been able to cope with it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tbh I remember the signing section holding up a 20ft long banner reading “Mike Ashley is a rapist” :lol: 

TBF they weren't wrong. He fucked us over without us giving any consent.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Tbh I remember the signing section holding up a 20ft long banner reading “Mike Ashley is a rapist” :lol: 

I was up there that season and can't remember that at all? (Not saying it didn't happen but completely plausible it did and I was oblivious?) :lol:

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was up there that season and can't remember that at all? (Not saying it didn't happen but completely plausible it did and I was oblivious?) :lol:

Probably off your tits HMHM? :lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ah, it was behind me. That explains it all. :good:

It's at the back of L7, even fucking God was in front of that one!