Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fucking hell, even by Edwards’ pissed-up, tragic standards that Tweet is one sad little man howling into the void. I honestly think he’ll talk himself out of what should be an absolute dream job for any sports journalist, ie covering  us over the next decade or so. It’s such odd behaviour. 

:lol: Aye, he’s currently arguing that if people read what he said they’d stop bringing up the £50m to spend shite he wrote about as he’d updated it and was more accurate, when did he update it? January 4th :lol: yes, after we’d been in for Trippier for what at the time was thought £35m, we were in for Botman, enquiring about strikers etc, but sure Luke you called it :lol: .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

'cmon say something stupid so I can block you.' :lol: 

Time to come off twitter, Luke. No, honestly.

this isn’t normal behaviour- don’t think the dude is well 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

this isn’t normal behaviour- don’t think the dude is well 

Wasn’t he covering a game in Russia ( I think), when he seemed to have a total meltdown a while back ? 

• Like 2

i'm amazed his employer haven't had a word in his ear tbh. journalists at serious publications typically have to abide by fairly stringent social media guidelines. a meltdown playing out on an open forum such as twitter doesn't look great 

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wasn’t he covering a game in Russia ( I think), when he seemed to have a total meltdown a while back ? 

Aye :lol: Europa League final in Azerbaijan, he couldn’t be bothered with our takeover and hadn’t heard about it so took the angle that it was all bollocks and stuck with that. But aye he’s definitely in the know :lol: :lol: 

Edited by Howay

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm amazed his employer haven't had a word in his ear tbh. journalists at serious publications typically have to abide by fairly stringent social media guidelines. a meltdown playing out on an open forum such as twitter doesn't look great 

They probably know that if they restrict him to straight reporting, he’s so fucking dull that no one will bother with him. 
This way they get the clicks. 

• Like 1

I emailed his editor a couple of years ago as I was concerned about the bloke.  His editor emailed me back and thanked me for my concerns.  Said he had sat down with him and assured me he was ok.  :lol: Aye ok mate.  He is nothing but a shite troll. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I emailed his editor a couple of years ago as I was concerned about the bloke.  His editor emailed me back and thanked me for my concerns.  Said he had sat down with him and assured me he was ok.  :lol: Aye ok mate.  He is nothing but a shite troll. 

grass 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I honestly think he’ll talk himself out of what should be an absolute dream job for any sports journalist, ie covering  us over the next decade or so. It’s such odd behaviour. 

No Fucks Given GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

De Ketelaere:

“If [a Premier League move] can be done now, why not?”

“The Premier League is the highest you can go. That intensity too. In England, you become a better player. But I want to leave everything open.”

“Mignolet once told me that there’s not much to do in Newcastle. And that in winter, it’s dark as early as four o’clock.”

May have been posted already, but I’ve heard this is really accurate. They like Burn a lot so are now looking more for a RCB, have scouted Gvardiol a lot and Botman on the back burner a bit. Bissouma/Phillips interest is cooling. Everton want £50m+ for DCL so that one’s unlikely, and we had interest in Osimhen at Napoli but they’d paid €70m for him recently so are asking €100m. 

Add Anthony from Ajax to the list Hope has as we’ve scouted him a lot as well. Sadly heard Pacqueta interest has cooled a bit as they want more of a Bissouma/Phillips type in the midfield 3 rather than him, hopefully that’s not the case as it would be brilliant watching Pacqueta. 

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

We'll be doing well to get all that for £60m.

Nickson has been saving up his coupons. 

What I like the sound of is that when we have been quoted high sums we are moving to other targets or putting that position on the back burner, rather than just throwing money at everything. 

• Like 2

Atletico are ready to sell Carrasco.

This Journalist is from Marca, and is directly linked with some Atleti players and with the CEO. So, if he writes this, that means Atletico are searching to sell Carrasco. And in Winter looks like there was a Newcastle proposal for him.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season