Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

To be fair like, I thought we would have had someone in who could score a goal or two before now. Don't want us going to the reduced aisle for the likes of Arnautovic or Rabiot like some other desperate club come the last days of the window....

Here's the way I see it. Even though Almiron, Fraser, Willock and even to some extent Wood are frustrating and not really the players that are going to really push us on, they are all decent, have bought into Howe and bring something to the team

Anybody we bring in needs to be a significant upgrade to be worthwhile, its pointless bringing in like for like just for the sake of a new face.

They are obviously looking for really top young talent, like Etikike, or someone proven like Madison.

Fishing in that pond is never going to be easy, but I'm more than happy for them to aim for the players even if it means short term frustration

To answer would you be happy going into the season with the squad we've got my answer would be yes. I'd be disappointed we hadn't managed to bring anyone in, but I'm still confident long term they know exactly what we need

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Snl Season 43 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Multiple that by 1000 and you're still nowhere near the level of pissy-pants being demonstrated by LTA in every single post.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Exactly where we want to be

not an easy path to tread.

what i would like to know is why Chelsea paying 63m for cucurella is seen as a statement of intent, when we overpay we're ruining football etc.

we've made 232m in player sales this calendar year. and spent way less. our academy helps massively. where's the city are prudent stories in the media. sorry that belongs on bluemoon really.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

what i would like to know is why Chelsea paying 63m for cucurella is seen as a statement of intent, when we overpay we're ruining football etc.

we've made 232m in player sales this calendar year. and spent way less. our academy helps massively. where's the city are prudent stories in the media. sorry that belongs on bluemoon really.

People don't update their opinion very quickly. For years we were still the fanbase 'happier with a 4-3 loss than a 1-0 win'. You'll be Moneybags Man City until you haven't overspent on a player for years.

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

never mind all that, what do you think of xg's?

and another thing..... just out mild curiosity, how do you see your neighbours fairing this season? at the risk of getting all deluded geordie here I think they're who we should be targeting out the sooperdooper 6 as the one to claw back first. I think it's achievable this season with two reasonable upgrades in our attack.   :)

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I assume there's an intermediate step where it travels from Lyon to Newcastle, why is that not the one to focus on? :lol: Or is that one off the radar?

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

So it flys from Paris to Lyon, then Newcastle to Lyon? How does it get to Newcastle?

I'm guessing that's why everyone is so interested in it, some sort of trans continental warp zone possibly.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

never mind all that, what do you think of xg's?

and another thing..... just out mild curiosity, how do you see your neighbours fairing this season? at the risk of getting all deluded geordie here I think they're who we should be targeting out the sooperdooper 6 as the one to claw back first. I think it's achievable this season with two reasonable upgrades in our attack.   :)

xg's ?

i can't really comment too much on how well you'll do although i rate Eddie. you're on the ladder but how long it takes you to climb it i've no idea. 

the scum will always be up there or thereabouts. the money from their fanbase is just too silly for them to slump for long. their new CB looks tiny though.

i would imagine they'll still finish above you but just depends how far they slump and howe quickly you climb.

they are the weak link though. all 3 london clubs look better plus us and the bin dipping victims (can i say that?) should cope with our own transitions without too much worry.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season