Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Was reading there yesterday that it was perhaps not Benitez's fault that we lost Toney for so little. Supposedly the club was in such disarray when he was manager that when he asked if there were any players on loan that he should know about, anyone promising, the response he got was nah not really boss. Perhaps he should have done more due diligence on Toney before he was sold, but I'm sure he had plenty to get on with, and didn't have the time to go watch Barnsley, Shrewsbury or Scunthorpe where Toney was on loan. Not much point thinking about it now, but when you consider how injury prone Wilson is, we really shot ourselves in the foot with that one. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

True, but the wording 

Suggests he is out.

I've seen various 'quotes' that differ. This one suggests it may not be as bad and that they're following routine. 

image.png.cdcf10f61c29f76e15e98537b82d2d1f.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Gan get Belotti on a free

He's more than likely going to Roma. Mourinho has expressed his wish to get him, and said that he's got his owner on the case. Just before a World Cup I'd be shocked if Belotti left Italy if he could help it. 

Just now, Craig said:

I've seen various 'quotes' that differ. This one suggests it may not be as bad and that they're following routine. 

Aye Hope put a short video out saying that Howe was at pains to point out that this is what they do with anyone with a hamstring scare. 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

He's more than likely going to Roma. Mourinho has expressed his wish to get him, and said that he's got his owner on the case. Just before a World Cup I'd be shocked if Belotti left Italy if he could help it. 

Why would leaving Italy before a world cup matter to Belotti ? Italy aren't going to be there 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

He also said we'll have to see how long he's out for when asked if the results of his scan could change our transfer plans. Again it could just be Howe being extra cautious, but reading between the lines I think they expect him to be out for at least a couple of weeks. 

Just now, KetteringMag said:

Why would leaving Italy before a world cup matter to Belotti ? Italy aren't going to be there 

Oh No Reaction GIF

Completely forgot they shit the bed. Go get Belotti then, fuck Mourinho 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

He's booked a table at the Wetherspoons near his house and doesn't want to lose the deposit.

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He also said we'll have to see how long he's out for when asked if the results of his scan could change our transfer plans. Again it could just be Howe being extra cautious, but reading between the lines I think they expect him to be out for at least a couple of weeks. 

The press conference is up on YouTube. We need TT's best body language experts on the case to break it down. Step forward @Howmanheyman and @PaddockLad

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye Hope put a short video out saying that Howe was at pains to point out that this is what they do with anyone with a hamstring scare. 

Especially with a player who has a history of hamstring issues. 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Neville said thats unheard of. Reckons the contract is worth £160m

He could well be over the hill by 33 and still be paid for 2 years at premium wagers. Bonkers.

Fucking great isn't it. They're all over the shop. 

I don't imagine for a second that they're fixed after one match against a misfiring Liverpool either. I still think they've got a tough time ahead. 

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season