Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Eddie Howe has so much credit in the bank that I could wake up tomorrow to him telling me he wants me to play in central midfield and I’d follow him into the brink. If he thinks he can turn Gordon into a top quality player, let him crack on. He can just point to Almiron and Joelinton if anyone starts

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Has this cunt been on the bostik? 

I mean this with no disrespect to CT, but the CN is the CT of 'journalism' in that the C stands for contrary. With CN you can probably swap out the o for a u.

• Haha 3

CN asks: Surely there is room within the restrictions of Financial Fair Play Rules, to invest before the window shuts? 

Comes as a surprise given he’s been telling us since the takeover that we don’t have much money to spend

• Like 2

Everton are supposedly close to brining in Danjuma on loan from Villarreal. He can play Gordon's position so it will be interesting to see if there's any movement on him early next week once Danjuma is fully singed off. 

Now that we have a high level selection of chaps deciding who to buy, or try to buy, I do wonder which of these highly paid fuckers may be the decision maker on this apparent Gordon interest.

Do they like his hair?

The thing about Gordon is that it's probably unfair to judge him on this season at least in terms of his form. His diving and general demeanour are a separate issue. He's still very young at 21 and he's been playing in a shit team that can barely string a few passes together in forward areas. He has Lampard as a manager and seems to have had a falling out with him. I can't see Lampard benching him like he has if something personal wasn't going on. It's not as if Lampard's squad is overflowing with options. If Ashworth and Howe think there's potential in Gordon who are we to judge. 

• Like 4

He looks pretty good to me tbh, brings good energy which would suit our high tempo play. I think that his price would be prohibitive and that Everton would not sell him on the cheap when he has a few years on his existing contract and would be on comparatively low wages.

I'm still expecting us to bring 2 players in before the window closes. More potentially if we can sell anyone else.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Gordon has lots of potential in the shithousery department which I'm sure Eddie and Mad Dog love.

I'd say if we get him, Lascelles will take him under his wing and show him the ropes

Or hit him :smile:

• Haha 3

Hopefully there's a Wood replacement on the horizon plus a couple of loan deals at worst. A week to go, it's hard to see the club not doing anything with the position we are in. Interesting to see what Ashworth and co have up their sleeves though. If we didn't have this newfound trust in the club management there'd bit a bit more of an uproar at this stage no doubt.

The Chronicle are reporting that the change in managers won't stop the transfer from happening if the price is right, and that Everton are continuing their transfer business regardless of their current manager situation. It's almost as if they haven't learnt anything given all the money they've spunked up a wall, and will continue to buy players that managers have had no say or consultation in at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The Chronicle are reporting that the change in managers won't stop the transfer from happening if the price is right, and that Everton are continuing their transfer business regardless of their current manager situation. It's almost as if they haven't learnt anything given all the money they've spunked up a wall, and will continue to buy players that managers have had no say or consultation in at all. 

I think they need the cash tbf for FFP 

As for the price compared to Maddison. Maybe the age thing has something to do with it? I.e more potential than Maddison? 

• Like 1

re: Gordon, I'm not sure I would even at 4m. He's a shit clogger who had three months of decent form. 40m for that clown is the sort of transfer Chelsea would do, not the shrewd business that Howe and co have made their trademark. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season