Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Considering the precedent set the last couple of seasons, i cant see us asking for so little for him. Proven PL winger who is only 25. Considering the prices paid or quoted for anthony and diaby, 30 million is peanuts

• Like 4

The going price for a player like ASM at the moment is at least double 30m. I really hope that this is paper talk because ASM has been improving lately and is not far from deserving a run in the starting lineup (if he isn't there already). If we buy Gordon and sell ASM then arguably we've made a sideways step instead of progressing the quality of the squad.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, toonotl said:

The going price for a player like ASM at the moment is at least double 30m. I really hope that this is paper talk because ASM has been improving lately and is not far from deserving a run in the starting lineup (if he isn't there already). If we buy Gordon and sell ASM then arguably we've made a sideways step instead of progressing the quality of the squad.

agreed. We need depth. ASM has been unlucky with injuries this season but has impressed me lately as he is trying to adapt his game. He’s barely played with Isak and I thought the way they linked up the other day was promising. If we do get rid for silly money it should be reinvested on Maddison and Gordon or another winger.

• Like 2

If ASM goes then we need a quality replacement, who isn't cup tied (so from overseas?) and who can drop into the team straight away otherwise we could be fucking ourselves for the Cup Final (should we get there).

I know ASM probably wouldn't start and isn't "the one" who would guarantee us winning, but he's an incredible asset to pull off the bench to scare the shit out of defences. Plus, as others have said, his link up play with Isak and Bruno last game was very nice to watch.

• Like 5

I bet when he comes back after 5 days off one of the older coaches will be like “Gordon’s alive!!” And not one of the players will get the reference 

• Haha 8

45 minutes ago, MrBass said:

If ASM goes then we need a quality replacement, who isn't cup tied (so from overseas?) and who can drop into the team straight away otherwise we could be fucking ourselves for the Cup Final (should we get there).

I know ASM probably wouldn't start and isn't "the one" who would guarantee us winning, but he's an incredible asset to pull off the bench to scare the shit out of defences. Plus, as others have said, his link up play with Isak and Bruno last game was very nice to watch.

it would be madness to let our number 11, left wing, attacking midfielder, high pressing, running the channels, sitting deeper, mercurial frenchman go.

i think.

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it would be madness to let our number 11, left wing, attacking midfielder, high pressing, running the channels, sitting deeper, mercurial frenchman go.

i think.

He's definitely French, if that helps :good: 

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

No training for Gordon again apparently 

Didn't all of of this happen when he was mooted to be going to Chelsea also?

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season