Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

If 

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Four years younger and PL, British tax. Sounds like part of the fee will be performance dependent so it would be interested to know what those performance goals are. In fairness though the risk attached to both transfers are comparable in my view. Bruno was obviously thought of as a talent and a prospect, but so was Paqueta at West Ham, and we've been fortunate that Bruno has settled so quickly coming from the French league. Well I say fortunate but I'm sure Howe has had a big hand in it. Gordon on the other hand has performed sporadically in the PL already but the question is whether he'll achieve his potential. 

If it’s 25M up front then an extra £15m if we qualify for the champions league, fair play 

• Like 2

Willock is obviously consistently sub offed at around the 70 min mark, so I'd imagine Gordon will be introduced slowly from the bench that way instead of Murphy coming on to wind people up we'll have the rat king. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

So is it 40m total, or 40m now and then more on top of that dependent on performance? 

Seems to be confusion. Some are reporting that tis' £40m including add ons, some are saying it's £40m + add ons. 

I'd be ok with £40m total, but I think if it's £40m +, they've had our pants down.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 2

I remember the reaction to spending 5m on Bellamy and that worked out despite him being a prick so I think this will be okay. 

The thing about players who wind opposition fans up is that it's okay when they're in your team - see Shearer and Ginola as another couple of examples. 

I do hope there are a couple more inbound though. 

10 minutes ago, NJS said:

I remember the reaction to spending 5m on Bellamy and that worked out despite him being a prick so I think this will be okay. 

The thing about players who wind opposition fans up is that it's okay when they're in your team - see Shearer and Ginola as another couple of examples. 

I do hope there are a couple more inbound though. 

It's less about his shithousing, that I can get behind. It's the paucity of his attacking output that worries me.

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

Sky committing to it too so looks to be done. 

Gordon is a young England international so £40m is buttons, like it or not. 

However I’ve got serious concerns about it being a double signing with Graves 👀

• Haha 3

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck how much a transfer costs is. Plenty of very rich experienced business sharks to sort all of this stuff out over the next few years as the cash rolls in.

As for Gordon, I’ve seen glimpses of him and always thought he looked dangerous. Having now just watched a showreel, I thinks he going to be phenomenal for us.

Given his age, the skills, dribbling and shooting ability he has is amazing. He seems such a quick thinker on the ball as well. 

Absolutely a big yes from me and very excited to see him play.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck how much a transfer costs is. Plenty of very rich experienced business sharks to sort all of this stuff out over the next few years as the cash rolls in.

As for Gordon, I’ve seen glimpses of him and always thought he looked dangerous. Having now just watched a showreel, I thinks he going to be phenomenal for us.

Given his age, the skills, dribbling and shooting ability he has is amazing. He seems such a quick thinker on the ball as well. 

Absolutely a big yes from me and very excited to see him play.

Fuck, that’s 45m wasted on a donkey then.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Totally sanguine about this. Sounds a lot of money for what I’ve seen from him but I’m not stumping it up.

If EH and the lads want him I’m happy enough with that, he’s a better option and improves the squad (albeit different positions) when compared to Wood who basically knocks 15mill off his price.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I reckon he's a Murphy replacement, I think this is us building a 16 man matchdy squad with more speed able to come on later in the game.

yeah. Is he Miggy or ASM’s replacement? The jury is out. does he improve the squad? 100% 

he can play up front too so technically  replaces Wood. 

hopefully there is still that midfielder to follow: Gallagher would be good. Maddison would be dreamland.

add that young right back from West Ham, no further outgoings and it’s been a v good window  

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah. Is he Miggy or ASM’s replacement? The jury is out. does he improve the squad? 100% 

hopefully there is still that midfielder to follow: Gallagher would be good. Maddison would be dreamland.

add that young right back from West Ham, no further outgoings and it’s been a v good window  

There's a few of those would be welcome at the bottom end of the squad tbh

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No

Can imagine he’ll be another option for Howe to use to change games until he properly

nurtures his potential. Important for Europe next season that we have much better rotation options available too. It’s half the reason that I half expect Shelvey to be around for another year 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I strongly suspect that if we sign Gordon that will be our only business in this window. 

More spend now will result in less during the summer when availability will be better. 

As for Anthony Gordon, he's been the standout shining light in a really shit Everton side over the past 18 months and he's only 21. There's been flashes of brilliance in that time and I can only see the coaching of Howe et al taking him to the next level. Personally I think it's a great signing and sits right in the mould of the squad we're building. 

• Like 1

So it seems it's 40m straight up with an extra 5m performance related. It seems like we wanted to pay 25 plus 15m in add on's, they wanted close to what Chelsea were offering, i.e. 60m, and the compromise was 40m straight up and 5m in add on's. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season