Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I'm not 100% but I'm fairly sure that we can spend whatever we like on the infrastructure, staffing and non-professional contracts, but once a transfer deal and professional terms are involved it does impact FFP. That said, with kids it should be easier to build the deal around a smaller up front fee and the rest after time/achievement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not 100% but I'm fairly sure that we can spend whatever we like on the infrastructure, staffing and non-professional contracts, but once a transfer deal and professional terms are involved it does impact FFP. That said, with kids it should be easier to build the deal around a smaller up front fee and the rest after time/achievement.

Aye out of interest I took a quick look at the exempt items in the UEFA FFP rules and they didn’t mention anything on fees, it focused on just infrastructure and staffing as you mentioned, as well as outreach programs to assist local youth clubs. It did say that while these infrastructure and development costs are exempt the proceeds from sale of youth players is included, another reason for the focus on it. 

He responded to a tweet with this, the tweet or account have been deleted but it’s just sad to see people basically having a pop at the owners to a level where one of them wants to respond. We’ve had 7 fucking days of this window, we are after a higher calibre of player, and in that time there’s been internationals/people on holiday. We’ve already signed a £13m player, and have had accepted bids on at least two players that we know of, while signing two promising youth players. I think the issue is people refreshing twitter and getting this constant feed of “it’s so close” “oh they’re actually not interested” “now it’s close again” from various media sources. We’ve already done more than we probably did in the first week of a summer transfer window under Ashley. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

He responded to a tweet with this, the tweet or account have been deleted but it’s just sad to see people basically having a pop at the owners to a level where one of them wants to respond. We’ve had 7 fucking days of this window, we are after a higher calibre of player, and in that time there’s been internationals/people on holiday. We’ve already signed a £13m player, and have had accepted bids on at least two players that we know of, while signing two promising youth players. I think the issue is people refreshing twitter and getting this constant feed of “it’s so close” “oh they’re actually not interested” “now it’s close again” from various media sources. We’ve already done more than we probably did in the first week of a summer transfer window under Ashley. 

Me too.

Gerrard seems to be going the opposite route to Howe in terms of character of player. I will laugh my head off if it all blows up in his face and he ends of bankrupting Villa and getting the sack. Bale and Coutinho are the last people you want on the proverbial cold night at Stoke, and judging by the Sevilla owners comments, if they weren't just sour grapes, Carlos went there for the money and little else. Of course if we end up signing Bale it will be an utter masterstroke by Ashworth and Howe 😀 There might actually be a connection between Ashworth and Bale given his son, iirc correctly, plays for one of the Welsh youth teams. 

45 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed. At the same time,  with the amount of numpties present on social media across all walks of life one should think players, managers and owners these days should be able to tune them out and get on with their jobs. 

• Like 2

Sassuolo have perhaps signed a replacement for Scamacca, so he could be on the move in the near future. What I've read is the he will perhaps want to stay in Serie A, and that Luis Campos, the new PSG director of football who was linked to us at one point in time, is on good terms with the people who run Sassuolo, so who knows. It would seem we could end up being fourth or fifth choice so it seems pretty unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I really hope Villa get Bale. Their wage bill is gonna be fucking mental. :lol:

He’ll not give two fucks after the World Cup. I hope he gets a three year deal 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He’ll not give two fucks after the World Cup. I hope he gets a three year deal 

He’ll barely give two fucks before it. As long as he keeps himself fit, he’ll be going regardless. Looking forward to him firing a load of 30 yarders well wide as we casually record a 2-0 win

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He’ll barely give two fucks before it. As long as he keeps himself fit, he’ll be going regardless. Looking forward to him firing a load of 30 yarders well wide as we casually record a 2-0 win

Aye, you’re right. It’s not like he needs to be even playing to get picked for the World Cup 

14 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Gerrard seems to be going the opposite route to Howe in terms of character of player. I will laugh my head off if it all blows up in his face and he ends of bankrupting Villa and getting the sack. Bale and Coutinho are the last people you want on the proverbial cold night at Stoke, and judging by the Sevilla owners comments, if they weren't just sour grapes, Carlos went there for the money and little else. Of course if we end up signing Bale it will be an utter masterstroke by Ashworth and Howe 😀 There might actually be a connection between Ashworth and Bale given his son, iirc correctly, plays for one of the Welsh youth teams. 

We got Burn instead of Carlos, slotted straight in and is all heart. Know who I'd rather have and there would have been no interest in Carlos from us this window. Won't be surprised if he's not a success at Villa.

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I really hope Villa get Bale. Their wage bill is gonna be fucking mental. :lol:

It's a bit of a defeatist attitude but they're spending a lot of money to do what? Try to be an upper middle table club?

Villa are spending money that basically has to pay off next year or the year after given the age of the players they're bringing in. It's a ridiculous approach IMO. They'll simply be outcompeted by more athletic teams.

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Carlos has to be better than Tyrone Mongs at the very least

Hes another lascelles yet wanked on for some reason. How he got picked for England shows what a tard Southgate is

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season