Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

41 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

£15m is a steal for Targett. I have to confess i had no idea he was this good before he signed. Happy with him and Lewis as his understudy and Burn to provide cover there if needed for next season. 

• Like 2

The interesting one is going to be striker. We all love a number 9 and we need a reliable one who isn’t as injury prone as Wilson. I’d be looking to tempt Rashford away from Man U but I imagine he’d be £50-60m so there might be better value found overseas. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Apparently all contract renewal conversations at Chelsea have been put on hold cos of the Abramovich sale situation. There's a few players out of contract in the summer including Rudiger and Azpilicueta. 

My area of expertise is in relegation forecasts obviously, but wondered if there's any value in sniffing around this situation. There are players whose contracts expire next summer as well who might be getting antsy and agitating for a move. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

A new number 10/door opener would be nice too and would give us another way of playing.  Over to Fish and Diego for that one.  

This is the player we desperately need imo. You look at the difference Coutinho has made at Villa. We could do with something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently all contract renewal conversations at Chelsea have been put on hold cos of the Abramovich sale situation. There's a few players out of contract in the summer including Rudiger and Azpilicueta. 

My area of expertise is in relegation forecasts obviously, but wondered if there's any value in sniffing around this situation. There are players whose contracts expire next summer as well who might be getting antsy and agitating for a move. 

Azpi is going to barcelona.

Rudiger is a monster of a defender who is capable of playing for teams going deep in the CL already and is at a prime age for a player in his position, he'll be at Bayern or something in the lead up to the world cup unless he re-signs for Chelsea.

• Like 2

Forwards wise I would like to see if we can get in on Karim Adeyemi, who Dortmund have been courting but that has stalled lately.

Personally I have always loved watching Edinson Cavani play and would love it if we could grab him for a season since he'll be leaving man u this summer but he fancies spain apparently, reckon he'd do brilliantly in a side playing like we do though.

Could see us looking back at Darwin Nunez also who is having an incredible season for Benfica.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

A new number 10/door opener would be nice too and would give us another way of playing.  Over to Fish and Diego for that one.  

A trequartista in the fantasista mould? 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Forwards wise I would like to see if we can get in on Karim Adeyemi, who Dortmund have been courting but that has stalled lately.

Personally I have always loved watching Edinson Cavani play and would love it if we could grab him for a season since he'll be leaving man u this summer but he fancies spain apparently, reckon he'd do brilliantly in a side playing like we do though.

Could see us looking back at Darwin Nunez also who is having an incredible season for Benfica.

I want that Zapata bloke  based purely on his nickname being the beast. Ive never seen him play obviously

• Haha 4

So is 433 likely to be our go to formation next year? If so, this is currently our best 11 (imo).

This is where, after 14 years,  it’s hard to get your head around massive investment, rebuilding and accepting that a good few of these will be bench / squad players next season.

My first preference would be to replace Wilson, Fraser, Willock, Dubravka.

But won’t we still have plenty of cash leftover :lol: 

Mind boggling. 

8E4CFD1E-9986-4408-8293-CD6249A9D013.jpeg

If you look at the 7 players Howe is wanting shot of, you could probably make an educated guess at the positions we’re looking at. Rashford would be an incredible signing if they can pull that off. People turning their nose up at him have lost the plot.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Coutinho still looks the business. Pretty sure someone owes some money to the SBR foundation right about now. 

That’s me, will sort it later. 

• Haha 2

Yeah Rashford is an improvement on Wilson and he's class.

Nunez would be a monster, imo and if we're looking in the £50-60m range, I'd rather we gambled on Nunez than went for Rashford because he's foreign and therefore better.

Lucas Paqueta would be a good signing in the 10 role (played with Bruno too).

image.png.42a8e17347b2d9f38b6d6e642cabaa59.png

Comparable with Dani Olmo, Mount, Muller, Reus, Coman, etc.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

We definitely missed a trick not getting Coutinho, fully expect Villa to make that a permanent deal. There are parallels in how the two clubs have performed - both on the pitch and in the transfer market since a change of manager. 

Can't fucking stand Villa but you can't fail to be impressed by how they've seemingly sorted their shit out as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Rashford moving away from the old Trafford circus might be the best thing for him tbh 

There's apparently a few younger lads at Manchester United who're finding it hard to progress and looking to move out. Can't remember where I heard it, but someone said that a lot of the old Man Utd players have sent their sons to the Man City academy as not only is it a better run academy, but there's a better route to a first team football career through their City Group system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Can't fucking stand Villa but you can't fail to be impressed by how they've seemingly sorted their shit out as well.

It's Villa though so you can be sure it won't last.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's Villa though so you can be sure it won't last.

I imagine other clubs probably say the say about us TBH

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

I imagine other clubs probably say the say about us TBH

That's the old us, the new us has more money than Scrooge McDuck

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's the old us, the new us has more money than Scrooge McDuck

scrooge mcduck pool GIF

They'll still say it about us, irrespective. We're NUFC - it's topical to try and put us down. Going back to Villa, I don't think they're going to run out of cash any time soon. As a club they do seem to have got their shit together and although I can't fucking stand them, I hate Spurs, Man United & Arsenal even more so to see another 'also-ran' club appear and take their top 6/7/8 seat will be fucking hilarious! :lol:

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season