Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

53 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This young player's stats don't blow me away

OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY HE'S THE WORST PLAYER EVA. HICKEY ARMY UNITE!! FUCK STATS! ONLY THIS VAGUE TRANSFER RUMOUR SAYING HE'S MINT CAN BE RELIED UPON!

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

Children.

Triggered :lol:

Let's assume you're Steve Nickson,  EH asks for an up and coming LB,  do you disregard sending a scout to Bologna on the strength of his stats?... 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Triggered :lol:

Let's assume you're Steve Nickson,  EH asks for an up and coming LB,  do you disregard sending a scout to Bologna on the strength of his stats?... 

No, but the flip of that is that some jabroni says "check out this kid, I think he's great"! I don't disregard having my analysts check out his performance stats.

I use stats to assess his performances over time, I use a boots on the ground scout to assess his character, his attitude, his personality.

You read the Nowhere Men? It talks about the importance of both approaches and neither is more or less important than the other. 

• Like 1

Stats are obviously not to be discounted but probably not so important to a teenager learning his trade. I don’t know anything about him tbh but his wiki page says he can play at CB too, suggesting he’s quite physical. Also he’s gone from Scotland U17s to the national team and they’re a canny side atm. Also B Munich we’re sniffing around him (which suggests he’s got something about him) but he went to Bologna for first team football. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

Stats are obviously not to be discounted but probably not so important to a teenager learning his trade. I don’t know anything about him tbh but his wiki page says he can play at CB too, suggesting he’s quite physical. Also he’s gone from Scotland U17s to the national team and they’re a canny side atm. Also B Munich we’re sniffing around him (which suggests he’s got something about him) but he went to Bologna for first team football. 

The unfortunate thing at international level us he's got Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierny ahead of him at LB but if he develops at CB he'll be in every game because Grant Hanley is still getting a game :lol:

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No, but the flip of that is that some jabroni says "check out this kid, I think he's great"! I don't disregard having my analysts check out his performance stats.

I use stats to assess his performances over time, I use a boots on the ground scout to assess his character, his attitude, his personality.

You read the Nowhere Men? It talks about the importance of both approaches and neither is more or less important than the other. 

Yeah I've read it, decent read. Agree with all this, you need both nowadays. The stats you posted don't appear to.tell me if his opposite number was left or right footed, if the defender is showing the attacker inside etc etc..

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Read something that said, for all he's 6'1" he doesn't really impose himself physically and that he loses more than half of his aerial duels. 

Agree about stats not telling the whole picture, certainly at his age.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Don't we already have an up and coming left back for the future or is he a coward - can't remember

Depends - on a scale of 👱🏻‍♂️to 👨🏿‍🦲, how often does he turn his back on the ball? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Probably bollocks but would be a great signing and fuck Villa off as well given they're convinced it's a done deal. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Probably shite and who knows if his current decent form is only temporary but if the headline causes a few twitchy sphincters in the West Midlands then all's good. :lol:

:good:®HMHM seal of approval.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Probably shite and who knows if his current decent form is only temporary but if the headline causes a few twitchy sphincters in the West Midlands then all's good. :lol:

I'm in a WhatsApp group with a couple of villa fans and this has really pleased them this morning  :)

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I'm in a WhatsApp group with a couple of villa fans and this has really pleased them this morning  :)

Suffice to say they're livid then? :lol:

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

arr thur fewoomin skip, "eel never soin for thur jawdees" :D

'Why wudeye want to soign the oil monoi jawdoize when he's at the Man Yow of the West Midlands? Delowshinill thowse jawdoize tbh.'

B_hKdwJUYAA7GMc__01.jpg

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Why wudeye want to soign the oil monoi jawdoize when he's at the Man Yow of the West Midlands? Delowshinill thowse jawdoize tbh.'

B_hKdwJUYAA7GMc__01.jpg

I assume that is Richard Head

Honestly can’t wait until the summer window so we can start buying good players so people stop posting drivel like this. The bloke has 11 goals, 5 of them pens with 5 of the goals (3 of which were pens) coming against the bottom two sides in 2 straight games. Not to mention he gets in a right mood about us, and went on about how shit Brentford are to anyone who would listen :lol:

Edited by Howay

On 01/04/2022 at 19:26, Howmanheyman said:

Or just results in them paying more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Honestly can’t wait until the summer window so we can start buying good players so people stop posting drivel like this. The bloke has 11 goals, 5 of them pens with 5 of the goals (3 of which were pens) coming against the bottom two sides in 2 straight games. Not to mention he gets in a right mood about us, and went on about how shit Brentford are to anyone who would listen :lol:

He looks a canny player but nowhere near what you need to take us to the next level. Too many facets of his game lacking imo. I’m not surprised at all that Casey is the sort of person who judges a player off the back of one performance though

• Like 2

"Aston Villa youth prospect Tristan Goodridge has been on trial with Newcastle United's Academy recently.

The left-winger joined Villa from AFC Wimbledon in the summer of 2019 and had been featuring for the under-23s side in the Premier League 2. Goodridge made 17 appearances for Mark Delaney's men this campaign, contributing to four goals and three assists along the way.

But he has recently linked up on trial with the Magpies and played 45 minutes of Newcastle's derby defeat at Middlesbrough on Friday night. They were beaten 4-2 on Teeside in the Premier League 2."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-newcastle-united-trial-23577638

3 hours ago, Alex said:

He looks a canny player but nowhere near what you need to take us to the next level. Too many facets of his game lacking imo. I’m not surprised at all that Casey is the sort of person who judges a player off the back of one performance though

Sean Casey is NUFCs Indykalia. Literally

nothing he predicted in the Summer transfer window happened 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sean Casey is NUFCs Indykalia. Literally

nothing he predicted in the Summer transfer window happened 

Aye, he seems to go for the scattergun approach so when he eventually gets the odd one right he can say he’s itk 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season