Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just read an article about Pogba and the shame it is that his peak years were wasted by incompetence at Man Utd. Apparently he's leaving in the summer as he's rejected their contract offer - is he one of those players who needs to be played properly to get the best out of, and could thus do a job for us - or is he a busted flush? 

I get the impression from what is being said that money would probably convince him to join us if it came to it.

Not particularly saying we even need him mind.

Avoid. He’s the past. We want players who are the future. More such as Bruno 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 23:40, Andrew said:

We are exclusively looking at players to improve us, either now or in future rather than ones that are cheap.

it’s a whole new world 

If (when) City get Haaland surly that will make Jesus available?  If that's the case I would love him here. 

• Like 1

I think he’s good in a number 10 role when he’s basically got the rest of the team doing his running for him. I’m not sure he’s good enough for a top side to build a team around him in that role though. Especially when he just turns up when he can be arsed. All tue best sides play with a high intensity he isn’t capable of. I’m not suggesting we’re in a position where we’re too good for him but I’d agree with those saying ‘avoid’ as I could see his main motivation for coming here being the money. I also think he’s better suited to Spain or Italy where you get a little bit more time on the ball in the middle of the park 

Edit: Pogba I mean 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

I’d be happy enough with Pope coming in but I reckon Howe is wanting a keeper in your Ederson mould for the future. Hope we don’t move too quickly in that direction as I don’t think you can discount how important having a solid, if unspectacular, keeper in Dubravka is. He’s not going to pick out defence splitting passes on the counter but he seems have to put a lot of the fuck ups behind him now that Bruce has fucked off

12 hours ago, Rosco said:

Well quite, who is writing it? Certainly not someone who thinks before they type. Even if he was someone we desired he would NEVER come here. 

It's akin to suggesting Gary Neville signing for Liverpool, Steven Gerrard signing for Man Utd or even Alan Shearer signing for Sunderland.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If (when) City get Haaland surly that will make Jesus available?  If that's the case I would love him here. 

I wouldnt want to tell the Saudis that I love Jesus and want to bring him to the club…

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Danny Murphy. That's all you need to know.

Class A twat. Fucked his marriage up by mouthing off about it to others and it got back to her. 

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’d be happy enough with Pope coming in but I reckon Howe is wanting a keeper in your Ederson mould for the future. Hope we don’t move too quickly in that direction as I don’t think you can discount how important having a solid, if unspectacular, keeper in Dubravka is. He’s not going to pick out defence splitting passes on the counter but he seems have to put a lot of the fuck ups behind him now that Bruce has fucked off

At one point wasn’t he having to make more saves than any other keeper in the league? It’s going to help in terms of making errors if he’s no longer having to do that 

46 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well quite, who is writing it? Certainly not someone who thinks before they type. Even if he was someone we desired he would NEVER come here. 

It's akin to suggesting Gary Neville signing for Liverpool, Steven Gerrard signing for Man Utd or even Alan Shearer signing for Sunderland.

Except they were all class players 

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

Except they were all class players 

Agreed. I was just trying to consider 'dyed-in-the-wool' examples who would never consider playing for their arch enemy.

Joey Barton for Liverpool is probably another good shout.

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agreed. I was just trying to consider 'dyed-in-the-wool' examples who would never consider playing for their arch enemy.

Joey Barton for Liverpool is probably another good shout.

I know you were, mate. I just like having digs at Mackems ;) Tbf he’s done quite well for England but his head seems to have gone (again) of late 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know you were, mate. I just like having digs at Mackems ;) Tbf he’s done quite well for England but his head seems to have gone (again) of late 

Trying to be as objective as possible, he's decent, but he hasn't the mentality to play in a derby environment (i.e. vs NUFC) without losing his head. That is why he is not a top keeper for me.

Top keepers can perform in ANY environment.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season