Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'd imagine that Pep will want to keep Jesus regardless of them signing Haaland. Then again it is a world cup year, so Jesus might be motivated to find a new club and not be Haaland's understudy. Of course it could be the case that Mahrez gets moved on in the summer and Jesus is given his slot on the right. Pep did say that he see's Jesus as more of forward than someone who can lead the line as a centre forward. Or maybe it was Jesus that said that about himself. 

Aye, I think it's in St. Paul's Letter to the Corinthians somewhere.

:rimshot: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

then a commercial deal or two swells our FFP envelope to £100m.

Only another 5m for commercial deals?  That's Ashley and Penfold thinking.  I am hoping for 50m from some completely unrelated company which happens, purely coincidentally, to have its head office in Jeddah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd have then both tbh, subject to Lingards wage demands.  He supposedly wants to stay up north to save uprooting his family so that puts us in poll position over West Ham, assuming we want him of course.

I'd like Eriksen, Grillitsch and Henderson. 3 big upgrades for no fees.

Buy a goal threat for the right wing like (but not necessarily Ismaila Sarr)

Buy a 1-in-3 or better striker, whose goals come from movement and technique, rather than size and strength.

Buy a left back as good as, or better than Targett

I think we can do all of that for less than the reported £60-80m + £whateverwemakeinsales

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Declan rice has been offered an 8 year deal on approx 200k a week

EIGHT YEARS

contract was negotiated by west ham's new recruitment chief

image.thumb.png.fe83aeedbf576b3bcb7f7fb361f7ebd4.png

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Lingard is asking too much apparently so it would be very funny if we were to steal Coutinho

I don’t even understand the hype about Lingard. He was good for about 4 months at West Ham, outside of that he was always just a bit part/role player. He might be what he showed in the 4 months but he could also be rank average (as we’ve seen with many players that are similar at Man United).

He’s more than likely an upgrade on Fraser but we can do better tbh. Free transfer barely matters now when you’re paying over the odds in wages, then have all the increased signing and agent fees. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Gvardiol? 

Brilliant buy, based on absolutely nothing but my desire for us to have a giant scary Eastern European CB. Always thought Ivanovic scared the fucking shit out of opposition players (aside from that maniac Suarez :lol: ). So I say sign him up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

I don’t even understand the hype about Lingard. He was good for about 4 months at West Ham, outside of that he was always just a bit part/role player. He might be what he showed in the 4 months but he could also be rank average (as we’ve seen with many players that are similar at Man United).

He’s more than likely an upgrade on Fraser but we can do better tbh. Free transfer barely matters now when you’re paying over the odds in wages, then have all the increased signing and agent fees. 

I agree with you. he had a bit of a purple patch at West Ham but he really hasn't done a lot in his time at Man U. How he thinks that he is worth 150 a week is beyond me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Lingard is asking too much apparently so it would be very funny if we were to steal Coutinho

I get that he’s on a free and everything but he’s had about one season in the last 4 years. He’s not worth a fortune even if it’s ‘just’ on wages. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I’d rather have Lingard over Jesus.Will West Ham not be looking to buy Lingard this summer,because  I’d expect him to chose West Ham before us.

Can I have some of what you and Michael Gove are on? 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm probably wrong but I'm not sure about Lingard or Coutinho

I much prefer a Johnny foreigner I've never heard of

Same tbh, trusting in our recruitment team on that front.

Lingard definitely thinks he is worth more than he is and Coutinho has been bang average since March and with the way people on here carry on about ASMs defensive contributions I genuinely couldn't bear to have him in the squad.

6 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Gvardiol? 

He was one of my picks in the "could you manage...' thread, he'd be an excellent signing but I feel like having to pick and choose the positions we strengthen with the most money, and needing to sort out our forward line which will be expensive, we would not be looking to drop the 40 odd million he is valued at this summer on a defender.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season