Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

20 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I would rather shag my own arse with my own chopped off cock.

Aye, doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a fortune on an injury plagued striker to bolster our forward line that's often left short because of an injury plagued striker.

• Like 1

He was looking like a bit of a beast for a time under Ancelotti tbf but how many games has he managed to string together? It’s Edwards so you’d be tempted to say it was bollocks but he was bang on with Wood when nobody else was.

The article also mentions Ekitike is likely to sign as well

Ekitike missed most of the second half of the season through injury, I’d be a bit surprised to see us back in for him this early.

DCL started this season and last season well but then fell off to his usual 1 in 4 goal ratio. I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him and if Everton stay up they're not going to want to let him go cheaply.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I think that Bruno might be better suited in the PL as the most advanced of the midfield 3 (I realise you were in about Joelinton in the forward role he’s played recently) which leaves room for Joelinton and Kalvin Phillips. Also, I know it’s difficult given the mindset of the past 15 years or so but we need to think beyond having a more or less set XI when everyone is fit. Imagine having a squad with depth. Crazy, eh? 

I think that about Bruno too but he does like to drop deep to link play. I take the point if someone like Philips were to do that it frees him up a bit.

Aye the mind does bend at the possibilities of madness like squad depth :D  Get Paqueta in as well as Philips and a couple of wingers. The heck am I thinking we need to have a ranked list or something. 

arab GIF

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I think that Bruno might be better suited in the PL as the most advanced of the midfield 3 (I realise you were in about Joelinton in the forward role he’s played recently) which leaves room for Joelinton and Kalvin Phillips. Also, I know it’s difficult given the mindset of the past 15 years or so but we need to think beyond having a more or less set XI when everyone is fit. Imagine having a squad with depth. Crazy, eh? 

:lol: Spot on. I can see Joelinton being a bit of a James Milner type utility player in the squad going forward. Especially as the quality level of our squad goes up, having a bloke that can basically cover anywhere in the front 3 and midfield is useful. 

• Like 1

I’ve thought for a while now that we’d not be signing Targett, recent quotes from Howe along the lines of “he’s done well but there are still games to assess” made me doubt us wanting to take that option, and now this link to Lodi seems to be becoming more widespread.

At first it seemed weird as signing Targett seemed a bit of a non brainer move, due to the fee and that it would allow us to focus on other positions, but I think Howe really prioritizes the full back position in his system so having Athletico Madrids title winning FB pairing might be in our future :lol: :lol: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Spot on. I can see Joelinton being a bit of a James Milner type utility player in the squad going forward. Especially as the quality level of our squad goes up, having a bloke that can basically cover anywhere in the front 3 and midfield is useful. 

A grafter as well 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’ve thought for a while now that we’d not be signing Targett, recent quotes from Howe along the lines of “he’s done well but there are still games to assess” made me doubt us wanting to take that option, and now this link to Lodi seems to be becoming more widespread.

At first it seemed weird as signing Targett seemed a bit of a non brainer move, due to the fee and that it would allow us to focus on other positions, but I think Howe really prioritizes the full back position in his system so having Athletico Madrids title winning FB pairing might be in our future :lol: :lol: 

Here me out, brother. Why not both? Let’s have a first and second XI that we’ll all be happy with

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He was looking like a bit of a beast for a time under Ancelotti tbf but how many games has he managed to string together? It’s Edwards so you’d be tempted to say it was bollocks but he was bang on with Wood when nobody else was.

The article also mentions Ekitike is likely to sign as well

He hasn’t played many games this season but didn’t miss many in the previous four.He’s a one goal in four games striker for Everton and one goal in three games for England.Not good enough for our next step up I would say.

24 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Here me out, brother. Why not both? Let’s have a first and second XI that we’ll all be happy with

I am definitely with you.  But if Targett didn't want to play second fiddle to Digne, why would he here?

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am definitely with you.  But if Targett didn't want to play second fiddle to Digne, why would he here?

Villa is a dump and he had to be managed by Steven Gerrard. Here, he has Eddie Howe and his lovely smile telling him everything will be ok

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Villa is a dump and he had to be managed by Steven Gerrard. Here, he has Eddie Howe and his lovely smile telling him everything will be ok

mark mckinney glenn GIF by Superstore

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season