Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Keylor Navas is going to be leaving PSG this summer, he's certainly not a long term solution but we should be all over that, hes incredible.

Theoretically, discounting the Bayern players and (probably) Nkunku we have the financial clout to pursue players from any bundesliga club.

We've seen rumours of Schick already but I'd be curious if @Isegrim thinks any of the others would be worth us signing

• Like 1

I will have a look at it but have to admit that I haven’t followed a lot of top flight football here recently so I mostly know about some players from press reports. There might actually be some players in it I have never have heard of.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Arsenal in for Jesus, according to Romano. We should be all over that.

Elsewhere we’ve been linked to Kasper Schmeichel 

We've absolutely no chance of getting Jesus, especially if Arsenal get CL in the next week or two.

Schmeichel is making uncharacteristic mistakes characteristic this season, hes one his way down and we shouldn't be going for him, hes 35.

If we're looking at an older keeper it surely has to be Navas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Arsenal in for Jesus, according to Romano. We should be all over that.

Elsewhere we’ve been linked to Kasper Schmeichel 

Apparently he's pretty much already signed.  Apparently he loves Playmobil head 

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Kasper is a total bellend so no thanks. 

lots of talk about Ekitike again this morning. Possibly a loan deal with an obligation to get around the FFP. There’s so much smoke with that, you’ve got to think there’s a good chance.

This.

Playmobil head :lol: Wykiki, did you watch Howe’s press conference where someone actually asked if Arteta should be considered for manager of the season? You should check it out if only to watch a bloke say “Not a chance” in the most diplomatic way possible 

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2022 at 10:43, Isegrim said:

I will have a look at it but have to admit that I haven’t followed a lot of top flight football here recently so I mostly know about some players from press reports. There might actually be some players in it I have never have heard of.

I had a look at it. Most names are pretty obvious but not available, especially those from Bayern. Schlotterbeck has already agreed a move to Dortmund.

Those players I can say something about and I would recommend are Raum at left back, Ndicka at centre back and Wirtz as an attacking player.

The first one would be a perfect left back mirroring the attributes from Trippier. Ndicka is a solid centre back with the typical attributes of a French international.

Wirtz is the next rising star from Leverkusen’s academy after Havertz. One of the brightest prospects in Europe. He might already be out of reach. If there was a chance to sign him I would really try it because both sides would probably benefit in raising each other’s profile.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

According to the gossip column we've held prelim talks with DCL. 

Has the tools to be a good player. His best spell was last season when there was nobody in the stands howling at him….he is/was a target for the miserablists in the Gwladys Street end…. If he does come and Eddie improves him the way he’s improved others & the crowd gets behind him positively there could be a very decent centre forward in him…

• Like 2

I don’t get all the hate for DCL. England international. Not as exciting as come of the names we’ve been linked with but realistically are we going to be able to attract the likes of Nunez at this stage? DCL, Wilson and Wood as third choice isn’t the worst three strikers compared to recent times. He is capable of getting 15 goals a season 

The issue is price. You don’t want to be spending much more than £30m on him but Everton would want a premium as he’s English. Bigger value to be found elsewhere if they’re hoping for £50m+

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

According to the gossip column we've held prelim talks with DCL. 

I recall him copping a mouthful of abuse from Lascelles a couple of seasons back and his reponse was to tell Lascelles his breath stunk. Quite amusing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OTF said:

I recall him copping a mouthful of abuse from Lascelles a couple of seasons back and his reponse was to tell Lascelles his breath stunk. Quite amusing.

Get him in

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Is this your private opinion or your 'Don Howe' evaluation, Alex? :D

Pathetic all round. Special shout out to the bloke who comes to back up his mate who falls on his arse on the tube, tries to look hard then immediately thinks better of it and retreats.  

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Pathetic all round. Special shout out to the bloke who comes to back up his mate who falls on his arse on the tube, tries to look hard then immediately thinks better of it and retreats.  

Err, ok. :lol:

(You've replied to the wrong post, Gloomy!) ;)

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season