Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I hope we sign him cos he seems a good lad and he deserves a contract. But if we don't it'll be because Howe thinks we can do even better which would be great. Win-win. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I hope we sign him cos he seems a good lad and he deserves a contract. But if we don't it'll be because Howe thinks we can do even better which would be great. Win-win. 

Why not Targett plus another LB? If you look at our other current options for the spot we have Dummet who can fill in but isn't a modern day LB, Ritchie who is no sort of LB and Lewis who's just plain shite.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Why not Targett plus another LB? If you look at our other current options for the spot we have Dummet who can fill in but isn't a modern day LB, Ritchie who is no sort of LB and Lewis who's just plain shite.

I'm fine with that too.

OMG YOU'RE SPOILING ME! DADDY I WANT A SECOND LEFT BACK! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Steady now, we've seen what Howe can do with previously shit players like Joelinton, Krafth, Shelvey etc.

Lewis has youth on his side too.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Steady now, we've seen what Howe can do with previously shit players like Joelinton, Krafth, Shelvey etc.

He had some good games before getting injured where he looked like he was benefitting from Howe's influence. 

Not really fussed but you neber know. 

Just cut the losses with Lewis. The Lewis Losses. He’s not going to get the consistent game time he needs to actually improve if we sign two left backs so just flog him. There’s no time for hoping we realise his potential when we’re shopping in another supermarket altogether 

• Like 3

Why would we keep Lewis? He couldn’t make the squad now let alone when we are able to really improve the squad. I get the point on saying Howe has improved most players but we need to capitalize on that and improve on their ability level, if we keep them all then we’ll have the same squad. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Why would we keep Lewis? He couldn’t make the squad now let alone when we are able to really improve the squad. I get the point on saying Howe has improved most players but we need to capitalize on that and improve on their ability level, if we keep them all then we’ll have the same squad. 

Playing Devil's Advocate we'd have been saying exactly the same about Krafth had Trippier not broke his foot. Lewis is young and still mouldable so I can see the argument for giving him more time just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Playing Devil's Advocate we'd have been saying exactly the same about Krafth had Trippier not broke his foot. Lewis is young and still mouldable so I can see the argument for giving him more time just yet. 

he's a coward though. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Craig said:

But we also need to improve on Krafth, these players have worked hard and shown to be solid and more capable of what we thought but we need to improve on them. Krafth is fine as a back up but ewerk was saying get both Targett and another LB, so where would Lewis fit? Even if we only got one of them Lewis still wouldn’t have a squad place unless you dropped Manquillo, someone who while I don’t rate has shown far more than Lewis.

We don’t need to give these players time as AH mentioned, we can just improve and move forward. If we keep saying all these players are good enough then how are we going to improve? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Aye thats fair, as intensive as peps tactics are I imagine being a midfielder in a team that has the lions share of possession in EVERY game is probably easier on the legs as well.

I can attest to that. Having spent most of my ‘career’ chasing shadows 

Valencia CEO are in talks right now with Barcelona try to sell Gaya and Carlos Soler.

Both of them are very good players. Gaya should be the LB starter for Spain (and he is better than Lodi, that is the player that have sound the most for us). With Soler I have more doubts how can him adapt to PL. (In fact, I want both of them for Atletico too hahaha).

I told this because looks like Barcelona have said they don't have money to sign him and Valencia need to sell both of them In addition, they are the two captains of the club, but yesterday some audios of the president were leaked saying that he threatened the players with screwing up their lives and their families and after this they will have to sell them.().

To 'cure' their accounts, Valencia is selling players below its value in the last years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

He is 24 . I thought he was about 21.

It was for a house party, my sister does Bruno’s missus’ eyelashes and she cancelled the appointment as she had to set up for it. Still fingers crossed, he’s here a lot which gives plenty time to talk to people other than Bruno at the club. 

29788C07-9BBE-4CFB-A612-DA03DF4B9AF6.jpeg

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

Should be Targget plus one young LB with so much future. 

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Should be Targget plus one young LB with so much future. 

Fuck that. I want Andy Robertson and a 28 year old Paolo Maldini competing for that spot.

• Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season