Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Good stuff, decent lad but isn’t up to the level we need. Similarly to Lewis he couldn’t make the current squad (he likely wasn’t making it even if he’d been fit) so there was no real way of him being a part of it going forward. 

The comments on the post btw :lol: “really hope you stay” “would be devastated for you to leave”, I guess everyone just wants to keep the same squad they’ve all been fucking moaning about for 5 year :lol:. I’ll be buzzing to see the likes of him, Hendrick, Lewis, Gayle, Lascelles, etc gone and quality players come in to replace them. I don’t understand why a lot of our fans have to try and take it all personally, I’ve nowt against those players I’m sure they’re all canny blokes but they’re not good PL footballers so turah. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Decent servant but his time is up.

I saw earlier we might be bidding 40m on Henderson. Seems a lot for a keeper 

Its definitely a lot for a keeper who has played 20 games in the last two years.

Hope we don't pay it, man u need to learn that being a man u player doesn't mean as much as it did and their cast offs aren't actually valuable.

• Like 2

Tell you what if Forest get the play off final done I can see Lascelles making a return there. Probably a good signing for them given his PL experience. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I saw earlier we might be bidding 40m on Henderson. Seems a lot for a keeper 

Personally I think he would flourish. He's an outstanding keeper who's consigned to their bench out of blind loyalty for De Gea who I've always found quite suspect.

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Tell you what if Forest get the play off final done I can see Lascelles making a return there. Probably a good signing for them given his PL experience. 

My Forest supporting in-laws don't want him back :lol:

Give em Darlow too.

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Helps pay for Paqueta! Imminent.

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Good stuff, decent lad but isn’t up to the level we need. Similarly to Lewis he couldn’t make the current squad (he likely wasn’t making it even if he’d been fit) so there was no real way of him being a part of it going forward. 

The comments on the post btw :lol: “really hope you stay” “would be devastated for you to leave”, I guess everyone just wants to keep the same squad they’ve all been fucking moaning about for 5 year :lol:. I’ll be buzzing to see the likes of him, Hendrick, Lewis, Gayle, Lascelles, etc gone and quality players come in to replace them. I don’t understand why a lot of our fans have to try and take it all personally, I’ve nowt against those players I’m sure they’re all canny blokes but they’re not good PL footballers so turah. 

I loved David Kelly, but KK moved him on for better. He's still an iconic part of our history today. Hayden obviously a decent lad and he'll be wished well by most I'd imagine but he's not getting in our midfield again. In the future, when his career is over he can be an outrageously biased pundit on sky sports Saturday singing our praises as our hoops are well and truly rimmed if we're successful alongside an ex Liverpool reserve, a former bit part Arsenal player and a retired non-entity Spurs bench sitter. The host will be Sue Smith. You heard it here first.©

• Haha 8

Agree he looks a prospect. £40m though. Would be a hefty chunk of our budget if ambition is a net spend of £60-100m net on transfers.  

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Personally I think he would flourish. He's an outstanding keeper who's consigned to their bench out of blind loyalty for De Gea who I've always found quite suspect.

Yesterday I told you that audios of the owners of Valencia are leaking.

Okay. One leaked last night.

In it, Anyl Murthy (the owner) says that Valencia is a beautiful city, but that they don't know how to export the club's brand. And for comparison, he says: 'Newcastle is a shitty city. But on the other hand, the club, at the sponsorship level, knows how to move'.

This gentleman hasn't been eating at Greggs.

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

In it, Anyl Murthy (the owner) says that Valencia is a beautiful city, but that they don't know how to export the club's brand. And for comparison, he says: 'Newcastle is a shitty city. But on the other hand, the club, at the sponsorship level, knows how to move'.

Newcastle is one of the nicer cities in the UK, IMO. The architecture along the quayside and into town regularly surprises people who visit me.

I'm biased of course though.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Why is a keeper such a priority for us? Dubravka has been fine and I don't see how we can keep two good keepers happy..?

Dubravka is a good keeper but i suspect they want a sweeper keeper who is more confident with the ball at his feet. Playing out from the back is the modern way and keepers need to be happy playing short forward passes under pressure. Does anyone know if Henderson fits the bill on that score?

Just now, Rayvin said:

Newcastle is one of the nicer cities in the UK, IMO. The architecture along the quayside and into town regularly surprises people who visit me.

I'm biased of course though.

grey street is absolutely beautiful 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Dubravka is a good keeper but i suspect they want a sweeper keeper who is more confident with the ball at his feet. Playing out from the back is the modern way and keepers need to be happy playing short forward passes under pressure. Does anyone know if Henderson fits the bill on that score?

When Dubravka arrived at the club, I read that he was very good with the ball at his feet and that even Benítez sometimes put him in exercises with the midfielders to pass the ball.

I personally don't know if Henderson is good with the ball at his feet because I've never seen him play.

There are some goalkeepers that I do know are. Above all, today, this is being worked on a lot in schools in Germany and Spain.

-Kepa (Chelsea), although he doesn't completely convince me as a top goalkeeper. But Chelsea needs to sell him yes or yes.
-Trapp (Eintracht), although I'm not sure he wants to leave Germany.
-Leno (Arsenal), another goalkeeper who is going to have to leave Arsenal to play and he is very good.

What about Woodman?

11 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Anyl Murthy (the owner) says that Valencia is a beautiful city, but that they don't know how to export the club's brand. And for comparison, he says: 'Newcastle is a shitty city. 

slap gtfo GIF

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

In the future, when his career is over he can be an outrageously biased pundit on sky sports Saturday singing our praises as our hoops are well and truly rimmed if we're successful alongside an ex Liverpool reserve, a former bit part Arsenal player and a retired non-entity Spurs bench sitter. The host will be Sue Smith. You heard it here first.©

Nope. Shelvey is nailed on for the gig.

47 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why is a keeper such a priority for us? Dubravka has been fine and I don't see how we can keep two good keepers happy..?

Disagree, I think Dubravka is a decent mid-to-lower Premier League keeper, but he is suspect. It's definitely a position we need to strengthen if we've ambition of moving upwards. And if he isn't happy about playing second fiddle to someone else then he really wouldn't be getting the project and would need replacing regardless.

Edited by Craig

58 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Valencia is beautiful, obviously not all of it and Newcastle is definitely one of the better UK cities/towns.  

tenor_(8).gif.5b78c92a695963e6e0eecc8e0ce181f9.gif

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season