Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I can’t see a timeline where he isn’t signing tbh. You don’t do this sort of shite on social media if there’s not something in the works; could have easily just kept quiet but he’s kicking about posting pictures of bridges. He knows the crack

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He's a left winger right, so a replacement for ASM? Or maybe one or the other of them could play on the right..?

I'm not convinced all this noise is leading to a transfer mind :lol:

You’ll be sorry saying this kind of nonsense.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is he not more of a number 10/behind the front man type door opener? His signing might point to a slight change in formation with him playing just ahead of Bruno and Joelinton in a 4-2-3-1.  Or as part of a Brazilian midfield three, if we stick with 4-3-3

Fair enough, I don't know the guy at all and Wikipedia makes some mention of him having been a left winger at one stage, guess I just got stuck on that.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fair enough, I don't know the guy at all and Wikipedia makes some mention of him having been a left winger at one stage, guess I just got stuck on that.

I’m only going on what I’ve read. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him play a whole match!

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t know how you’ve got the cheek…:lol:

Looks balmy compared to the 12 bastard degrees it was the other day when I was up!

Also, the jacket came in handy as it was pissing down when we went for drinks after the match - so who’s laughing now, eh???

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

AB136493-2122-4D1A-8D63-2743625354EE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Admittedly, Albert Luque looked different class on his YT highlights reel too, so we probably shouldn’t get too carried away but this kid looks exactly the sort of player we have been crying out for: pace, tricks, passing, the ability to go past players then play those defence-splitting passes.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can’t see a timeline where he isn’t signing tbh. You don’t do this sort of shite on social media if there’s not something in the works; could have easily just kept quiet but he’s kicking about posting pictures of bridges. He knows the crack

That’s my feeling on it as well. I’ve seen nowt like it before, I get they’re mates but the blokes went to about 4 of our matches and has made two trips over aside from those games :lol:. Meanwhile Bruno hasn’t went to a single Lyon game or went back to Lyon at all I don’t think (I read somewhere he flew right to Newcastle from Brazil to sign and had his stuff packed and shipped for him from Lyon. It genuinely feels like he’s been getting used to the area, looking at where to live etc, I’d be really surprised if there was nowt in it besides him visiting Bruno. 

• Like 1

It's an interesting one because if we don't spend ambitiously we'll be less able to sell the vision of a 'project' to these players at the level we need to bring in - equally though I really don't think we are going to do a Man City here despite what the world seems to think. If we can get Targett, Nunez (or similar), Paqueta and a centre back, then I think tbh we've probably achieved all we need to for this window. £150m maybe if we're clever? If we go for a keeper maybe more like £200m.

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is he not more of a number 10/behind the front man type door opener? His signing might point to a slight change in formation with him playing just ahead of Bruno and Joelinton in a 4-2-3-1.  Or as part of a Brazilian midfield three, if we stick with 4-3-3

Trequartista in the fantasista mode tbh

• Haha 2

I still think we will sign 5-6 players this summer.  We don't want to sign too many and disrupt the balance of the dressing room and I think a lot of this is probably that.  We have players we need to shift on also.

Cannie wait! 

• Like 1

I think 5-6 is probably on the high side. I'm thinking 4-5 at most. I expect some will be retained who a lot might expect them to be released too. This is definitely a gradual project.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season