Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

ASM's created better final balls than Paqueta? 

Maybe we should rethink this one

I misspoke (misstyped?) It's Paqueta that's created more chances for shots and goals, and it's Paqueta that's played the final ball for shots that stand a slightly better chance of going in.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So probably not a £40m upgrade on dubravka going on stats alone. If we’re shelling out big money on a keeper it’s got to be for one more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

His overall pass completion is better than Dubravka's. His shot stopping is better than Ederson. Basically stats are pretty fucking pointless in isolation.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

ASM's created better final balls than Paqueta? 

Maybe we should rethink this one

:lol: I know Fish has since cleared up what he meant, but to add to the fact Paqueta creates more and creates more of a better quality he is absolutely fucking miles clear of ASM in terms of defensive work, and winning the ball back. He’s what we need imo, the type of player who is not only an upgrade in quality in terms of final ball but will also really help us retain/win back the ball, so he’s not just that flair player who is a bit of a liability. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

:lol: I know Fish has since cleared up what he meant, but to add to the fact Paqueta creates more and creates more of a better quality he is absolutely fucking miles clear of ASM in terms of defensive work, and winning the ball back. He’s what we need imo, the type of player who is not only an upgrade in quality in terms of final ball but will also really help us retain/win back the ball, so he’s not just that flair player who is a bit of a liability. 

I agree. I was just trying to ridicule the stats.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

Big Stats queen liking that, GTFO

Stats in isolation are as useful as an old scout's view in isolation. 

Apparently Shelvey might be off as he wants first team football. I think if that’s the case he probably should be let go. He’s done well this season and would be a useful squad player but he’s not the future. Offering longstaff a new contract would make more sense if Shelvey is on the way out. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

Longstaff has been complaining about lack of first team footy as well. Here’s hoping they both fuck off and we are “unfortunately” in a position where we’ll have to just buy Paqueta and Sangare. 

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

Paqueta is an upgrade on ASM, 100%

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

Longstaff has been complaining about lack of first team footy as well. Here’s hoping they both fuck off and we are “unfortunately” in a position where we’ll have to just buy Paqueta and Sangare. 

Willy Wonka Stop GIF

• Haha 5

I would imagine Henderson is relevant to the 'home grown' consideration since by the sounds of it we'll be fielding a half Brazilian team by the time we've got a couple more windows under our belt.

• Haha 1

Why are we so determined to move Dubravka on, I don't get it. I can't recall a single point in this season where I thought "if only we had a better keeper". He's not good enough for the future maybe but I really don't get why he's being ushered out the door ahead of others.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Dunno, stats don't show the whole picture

Dunno, stats don't show the whole picture.

Dunno, stats don't show the whole picture.

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would accept that on a loan deal. Give Dubravka some decent competition in theory but I’m yet to be convinced by Henderson, like

Aye it has to be this, loan to buy, spending that much on a keeper who has hardly played for a mid table team would be unbelievably reckless.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Why are we so determined to move Dubravka on, I don't get it. I can't recall a single point in this season where I thought "if only we had a better keeper". He's not good enough for the future maybe but I really don't get why he's being ushered out the door ahead of others.

He is relatively injury prone and that isn't going to improve as he gets older.

Over the last two seasons he has missed half of our games, thats too much for a number 1 when Darlow is our second choice. And we're not going to be the club who are buying backups anymore unless our hand is forced by backups leaving when the first team player is top class, we turn our first team into the backups now.

• Like 1

I know this is forum bollocks but as a former goalkeeper, Henderson has never impressed me at all. Dubravka is underrated generally, but he is getting more injury prone. 

50/50 but not a permanent transfer at the prices quotes 

• Like 2

I think the loan idea is the best way forward. If he rips up trees, make it permanent. I was a GK too but nowhere near your level Strawb. Dubravka scares the fuck out of me TBH. What I've seen of Henderson is fairly impressive although if we were going to break the bank I'd be going for Pope. I think he's the real deal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Craig said:

I think the loan idea is the best way forward. If he rips up trees, make it permanent. I was a GK too but nowhere near your level Strawb. Dubravka scares the fuck out of me TBH. What I've seen of Henderson is fairly impressive although if we were going to break the bank I'd be going for Pope. I think he's the real deal.

Isn't he getting on a bit, not to mention he's got loads of responsibility in Rome.

• Haha 3

If the links with Lodi are true then I wouldn’t be surprised to see us move to a 3/5 at the back with wing backs next season. 

So targett might be surplus to requirements

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season