Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Andrew, you've got to get off the roids. 

I assume you signed up for the new chase bank he was advertising in general chat? 

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

His YT reel was canny. How’s his xG @The Fish?

All right. Compared him to last seasons Wilson plus Zapata and Toney of this season. 

slightly below Wilson in terms of xG, slightly above him in terms of xA. 

image.thumb.png.70b009d7be3a0abe16e61b538675da10.png

Does more defensively than the other 3 (1.21 tackles p90, c18 pressures p90 with a 23% success rate).

Has more dribbles per 90 and a better success rate too (60%).

Does lose the ball more than the others and doesn't carry the ball into the box as often as Zapata and Wilson.

Appears decent in the air, winning more aerial duels than the other three, but could that be because he tends to be competing with fullbacks, rather than centre backs? I dunno.

Need some colour scale conditional formatting on those stats columns so we can pick out the winner at a glance. Come on Dave think of your audience for once in your GODDAMN life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was having a look at our squad.

I'd sell/release;

Jonjo Shelvey - ageing and doesn't fit EH's style
Jamaal Lascelles - not PL standard any more (if he ever was)
Jamal Lewis - we can do better plus question marks over injury/mentality. Whichever lead him to miss a season.
Isaac Hayden - was a good servant but not the level we're aiming for
Karl Darlow - was a good servant but not the level we're aiming for
Ciaran Clark - terrrrrrible
Matt Ritchie - was a good servant but not the level we're aiming for
Dwight Gayle - not PL standard any more (if he ever was)
Mark Gillespie - terrrrrrrible

Keep for the squad unless a good offer comes in;

Joe Willock - shown flashes of the player he was tail end of the previous season, but only flashes
Miguel Almirón - works hard, seems a nice kid I've still some hope he can kick on
Sean Longstaff - home grown, but really should only be used as a squad player
Chris Wood - a needs must signing, but now those needs can be met by someone better
Ryan Fraser - unlucy with injury, but on his day still dangerous.
Martin Dubravka - fairly solid 'keeper who should only be replaced by someone special
Jacob Murphy - likeable, works hard, fast and has some technique. Plus, he's a fan
Emil Krafth - the improvement can't be ignored, but he's not good enough long term.
Javier Manquillo - versatile, good pro, limited
Paul Dummett - home grown, experienced, versatile

And have for the first team unless a ridiculous offer comes in;

Allan Saint-Maximin - most creative player, can change a game in an instant, not too old to better himself
Bruno Guimarães - a literal deity
Callum Wilson - deadly when fit, too often injured
Kieran Trippier - model pro, high quality, natural leader
Joelinton - unbelievable renaissance, can improve further too
Fabian Schär - improved hugely under Howe, 2nd best CB at the club

Dan Burn - Best CB at the club, local lad, fucking huge.

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Need some colour scale conditional formatting on those stats columns so we can pick out the winner at a glance. Come on Dave think of your audience for once in your GODDAMN life. 

I conditionally formatted the most pertinent columns, dicksplash!

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd sell/release;

Jamal Lewis - we can do better plus question marks over injury/mentality. Whichever lead him to miss a season.

Joe Willock - shown flashes of the player he was tail end of the previous season, but only flashes
Miguel Almirón - works hard, seems a nice kid I've still some hope he can kick on
Chris Wood - a needs must signing, but now those needs can be met by someone better
Martin Dubravka - fairly solid 'keeper who should only be replaced by someone special
Jacob Murphy - likeable, works hard, fast and has some technique. Plus, he's a fan
Emil Krafth - the improvement can't be ignored, but he's not good enough long term.

Allan Saint-Maximin - most creative player, can change a game in an instant, not too old to better himself

Murphy needs to do some serious work on his one v one with keepers. Worst I've seen at it since Kevin Dillon ran from the halfway line totally unmarked towards the keeper, then let the keeper gather the ball before falling down. (You had to be there). :lol:

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Spreadsheets is it?...... I'll give him fuckin spreadsheets :cuppa:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.3bfab226de3ea021b16da7874fa810b9.png

I am so sorry. Portuguese is so similar to spanish that I was sure that the translation was not necessary for the Spaniards... Without realizing that you do not speak Spanish.

😂

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I am so sorry. Portuguese is so similar to spanish that I was sure that the translation was not necessary for the Spaniards... Without realizing that you do not speak Spanish.

😂

We’re Geordies man. Most of us can barely speak English 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'd sell/release;

I'd say give Lewis a full season under Howe. I'd love for ASM and Miggy to suddenly develop an end product but can't see it happening sadly. We need reliable creators for a top 8 push. ASM could be a useful impact sub but not sure if he'd be happy with that. May throw a fit and cause dressing room issues. 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Murphy needs to do some serious work on his one v one with keepers. Worst I've seen at it since Kevin Dillon ran from the halfway line totally unmarked towards the keeper, then let the keeper gather the ball before falling down. (You had to be there). :lol:

Aye he gets in great positions and then bottles it :lol: Can't remember another player for us who I've seen miss so many clear cut chances. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’re Geordies man. Most of us can barely speak English 

The girlfriend of a friend of mine, who was an English teacher in Spain, went to Newcastle to work, and she told me that it was impossible to understand any of Geordie.

When I went to Newcastle I went with that fear, not understanding anything. I don't speak English very well, but I can defend myself. But instead... I understood everything perfectly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye he gets in great positions and then bottles it :lol: Can't remember another player for us who I've seen miss so many clear cut chances. 

Kevin Dillon. :lol:

• Haha 4

Villa and Everton both offering around 120k a week to Tarkowski apparently, after Villa outbid us by 60k per week to sign Kamara.

So basically before the window opens Villa will have added nearly 500k to their wage bill (Tarkowski, Kamara, and Coutinho permanent transfer), and spent £20m finalizing Coutinho. Yet we will be the ones getting flak for spending money :lol:. Enjoy finishing 14th, with Stevie Geeeeeeeee. 

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Possibly the worst attempt at a Geordie accent of all time but props for getting the word doylem in. At least he researched the vernacular 

Edited by Dr Gloom

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

The girlfriend of a friend of mine, who was an English teacher in Spain, went to Newcastle to work, and she told me that it was impossible to understand any of Geordie.

When I went to Newcastle I went with that fear, not understanding anything. I don't speak English very well, but I can defend myself. But instead... I understood everything perfectly.

you must have been out in Darras Hall 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Villa and Everton both offering around 120k a week to Tarkowski apparently, after Villa outbid us by 60k per week to sign Kamara.

So basically before the window opens Villa will have added nearly 500k to their wage bill (Tarkowski, Kamara, and Coutinho permanent transfer), and spent £20m finalizing Coutinho. Yet we will be the ones getting flak for spending money :lol:. Enjoy finishing 14th, with Stevie Geeeeeeeee. 

Cant wait for it to transpire that we’ve never wanted Tarkowski or Kamara and have just been pretending to lumber Villa and Everton with them so we can sign more Brazilians without competition

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Cant wait for it to transpire that we’ve never wanted Tarkowski or Kamara and have just been pretending to lumber Villa and Everton with them so we can sign more Brazilians without competition

Looks Like Kamara had everything according with Atletico but in the last time he decided Aston Villa because the signing bonus.

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

😂

:lol:

We're thick as shit, we just about manage English. No problem though. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season