Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

28 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He'd be an upgrade in the front 3 over Murphy and Almiron. 

I’d rather take Raphina off their hands  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He'd be an upgrade in the front 3 over Murphy and Almiron. 

It’s Eddie Howe’s nephew that’s pushing for it apparently. He’s an upgrade but I’d prefer a bigger upgrade given what I’d imagine they’d ask, I have sort of similar feelings as I have about Lingard (although I would prefer Harrison) in that he improves us but given their aims we’d need to improve again in the very short term. Not that I’d be upset if we signed him mind as he’s a threat, but he’s not an exciting link. 

Edited by Howay

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd be happy enough with that. Even lower level upgrades, if you're adding 10, 15, 20% across the pitch, it all adds up. 

Call me Dave Brailsford. 

He had erection problems too

• Haha 2

Have just been reading the Athletic's statistical breakdown of the season and noticed this:

gk_stats_2021.png

Why are we so determined to shift Dubravka again?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd be happy enough with that. Even lower level upgrades, if you're adding 10, 15, 20% across the pitch, it all adds up. 

Call me Dave Brailsford. 

Was his too massive as well? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Have just been reading the Athletic's statistical breakdown of the season and noticed this:

gk_stats_2021.png

I think honestly it’s his injuries, he’s looked a bit nervous compared to his old self but I think he could recover from that but the main issue I think is he’s only managed about half our games the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think honestly it’s his injuries, he’s looked a bit nervous compared to his old self but I think he could recover from that but the main issue I think is he’s only managed about half our games the last two seasons. 

If it is injuries it might explain why we get a younger keeper to come in as well - both of them get game time. Harder to sell next season since we only have domestic competition, but once we crack Europe it'll ensure both players get game time IMO.

Fair point anyway.

• Like 1

Got a feeling they might want a keeper more comfortable on the ball. Dubravka is a good shot stopper, commands his box etc but all the best teams have a keeper who can play out under pressure better than dubravka I can. I’m just not sure if Henderson is a massive upgrade in that department. Didn’t seem so from fish’s stat comparison the other day. 

I'd be happy with Harrison. Looks to be in the mould of a Howe player. Targett, Burn, Trippier, Wilson, Fraser etc.

Never stops running, doesn't roll around pretending to be injured every time he loses the ball. And he scored 10 goals this season which is more than anyone else in our squad.

• Like 3

:lol: They’re after Suarez too apparently (as Gerrard can’t think for himself), plus Arsenal apparently bidding £90m for Osimhen. I don’t want to hear a fucking word about our spending from the press.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd be happy with Harrison. Looks to be in the mould of a Howe player. Targett, Burn, Trippier, Wilson, Fraser etc.

Never stops running, doesn't roll around pretending to be injured every time he loses the ball. And he scored 10 goals this season which is more than anyone else in our squad.

And all in a team that scraped together 38 points. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Cos he's always got a clanger in him.

Not a bad thing having 2 quality keepers either. See Pav/Shaka and Given/Harper

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

yeah, I’m not going to complain if he takes a similar approach to January: a handful of new signings, mostly proven, solid PL performers with a sprinkle of magic from abroad 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season