Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

The fucking state of the Villa fans in the comments on this post man. Genuinely thinking they’re beating us to signing players, in reality they’ve not beaten us to a single one :lol: Digne our lot didn’t like his attitude so moved on, Coutinho we were never in for, Kamara despite the bloke making the fucking ludicrous claim he’s “one of the best young players in Europe” our scouts reported he was a good player in his role but limited and knew he’d cost more than we valued him at so again we weren’t in for him (worth noting they were the only club that offered him a deal and they still paid mental money), Carlos we’ve long moved on from. The state of them bringing up their “project” and draw of Gerrard as well :lol: we’re being talked about by agents and players as the next Manchester City, meanwhile they finished fucking 14th - their project is to be the next Everton. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Howe has always played a four at the back.

Also, we'd need cover for both as we have no-ome decent enough in the squad to fill the wing back positions

But it can be changed. For 5-6 years, teams have been playing more and more in 3-5-2

I have to say that in 15 years as a coach, Simeone had always played with 4 back. And since last year he plays 3-5-2.

It could not be a coincidence that Howe tried the same thing, especially if we also take into account that Howe was in Madrid for several weeks watching Atletico train and learning with Simeone just before coming to train in Newcastle and if on top of that for the next season he is going to Count on Lodi and Trippier.

I agree, Lewis could be better with 5 in the back and Manquillo is a good bench boy for that. 

• Like 2

I’ve heard this is true, as always take it or leave it :lol: but think it’s great news. 

Villa have signed Carlos - we went off him. 

Scouting multiple left backs so I think fair to say Targett won’t be permanent. 

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wonder what it is about Targett that Howe doesn't fancy 

I don’t think he’s at the level of player we are really looking for. When you consider it’s been Paqueta, Bruno, Trippier, etc being our number 1 targets, Targett was 3rd or 4th on the list in January - he performed really well but I think it’s fair to say he’s not the level of player the others are. As he isn’t really open to being back-up/squad player it’s not on the cards. 

I’ve personally always thought it was telling that he was a loan too, whereas we signed others like Burn who weren’t first choice targets. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Howay said:

I don’t think he’s at the level of player we are really looking for. When you consider it’s been Paqueta, Bruno, Trippier, etc being our number 1 targets, Targett was 3rd or 4th on the list in January - he performed really well but I think it’s fair to say he’s not the level of player the others are. As he isn’t really open to being back-up/squad player it’s not on the cards. 

I’ve personally always thought it was telling that he was a loan too, whereas we signed others like Burn who weren’t first choice targets. 

Aye that's true. Exciting still 

• Like 2

26m for a 29 year old who'll likely be on massive wages, and according to some has a mistake in him. I was always of the opinion that it would be better if we got someone who was 25 or under like a Botman. Of course last I heard he in particular was on his way to AC. 

• Like 2

Lol @ Villa signing the players we wanted for survival to try and kick into the top 6. Nice effort.

And us stumping up for the compo for Ashworth is a case where we had to blink eventually. Putting Howe in that would-be DoF position all summer is asking for him to burnout

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

26m for a 29 year old who'll likely be on massive wages, and according to some has a mistake in him. I was always of the opinion that it would be better if we got someone who was 25 or under like a Botman. Of course last I heard he in particular was on his way to AC. 

diego wasn’t a fan of Carlos iirc. So…

image.gif.265134780135ea7b3f09431f2c201f49.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've seen a load on twitter shitting bricks over us not signing anyone. I am honestly not arsed at all. Howe and the team will be working and do it right. 

Villa are doing their business early. Fair dos. Doesn't mean we are sat doing nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Fee is being reported as 26 million which just makes the 50 they were demanding from us in January an absolute piss take because we're the richest club in the world ™️ 

No reports that we wanted to continue chasing him after Jan, especially with Burns performances so they are more than welcome to him.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I've seen a load on twitter shitting bricks over us not signing anyone. I am honestly not arsed at all. Howe and the team will be working and do it right. 

Villa are doing their business early. Fair dos. Doesn't mean we are sat doing nothing. 

:lol: Aye, the fucking window hasn’t even opened. I was team pissy pants in January but howay man, people need to get a grip. I’ve even seen some saying we should have had deals lined up from January, but we’ve changed a lot of our targets now we know we’re in the PL next season with better quality players open to coming. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

13 young players released from the club.

Tom Allan, Ryan Barrett, Brad Cross, Oisin McEntee, Mo Sangare, Reagan Thomson, Jake Turner, Adam Wilson, Piotr Banda, Liam Chrystal, Joel Green, Josh Nicholson, and Nathan Robertson

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season