Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Is no one going to talk about the Neymar stories? That's the sort of thing you oughta be all over after being taken over by sports washing gazillionaires. Good for selling the new Saudi shirt too :up: 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Fee is being reported as 26 million which just makes the 50 they were demanding from us in January an absolute piss take because we're the richest club in the world ™️ 

No reports that we wanted to continue chasing him after Jan, especially with Burns performances so they are more than welcome to him.

Aye, I'd be a bit more disappointed about Botman given his age and potential. Also, it seems mad but CB may not be our highest priority right now, though I'm sure we'll still look at the right opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye, I'd be a bit more disappointed about Botman given his age and potential. Also, it seems mad but CB may not be our highest priority right now, though I'm sure we'll still look at the right opportunities. 

I feel like we have target positions to strengthen but we're also now in a position where if we're approached by an agent or a club with an offer of a player that would strengthen us we would actually do something with it regardless of position.

• Like 2

And after window or two they'll have hopefully realized that the absolute piss take with pricing is not on. 

I wonder if Staveley and Co have looked at the scouting setup. We were a bit fancied in that department in Carr's days weren't we until it went tits up with the likes of Marvuex. With the coach that Howe seems to be you'd think a Dortmund style model could be on the cards, picking up gems from across Europe to polish except we wont have to sell them all off. Not a priority at this stage of course but that's one way of using new found muscle to invest in players without upsetting FFP and such (the joke that it is). 

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

And after window or two they'll have hopefully realized that the absolute piss take with pricing is not on. 

I wonder if Staveley and Co have looked at the scouting setup. We were a bit fancied in that department in Carr's days weren't we until it went tits up with the likes of Marvuex. With the coach that Howe seems to be you'd think a Dortmund style model could be on the cards, picking up gems from across Europe to polish except we wont have to sell them all off. Not a priority at this stage of course but that's one way of using new found muscle to invest in players without upsetting FFP and such (the joke that it is). 

I think thats Ashworths job, hes not a "director of football" in as much as that role has a lot to do with first team scouting and transfers, at brighton hes been 'Sporting Director' and has had an overview of all of the football side of the club, with various heads of departments all reporting to him, which should include scouting.

• Like 2

3CB6B102-1535-48B9-B59E-069431DD17F7.jpeg

:lol: I’ve seen this numerous times on Twitter today, Villa fans claiming we are trying to start a rivalry despite the fact every fucking post I see from them is saying they beat us to signing whatever wank player they’ve signed. In fact this chain was also on a post about how they’re beating us to players and spending more than us, it’s fucking May ffs. 

Also, they literally made banners about us going down the boring, small time Brummy nonces. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

They're not rivals on the pitch, or locally, currently our ambitions are similar but ours will outstrip theres in a couple of seasons.

Their fans acted like cunts when we went down and I've hated their current manager for years before he was associated with them, thats not a rivalry, they're just dickheads so I want them to fail.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

They're not rivals on the pitch, or locally, currently our ambitions are similar but ours will outstrip theres in a couple of seasons.

Their fans acted like cunts when we went down and I've hated their current manager for years before he was associated with them, thats not a rivalry, they're just dickheads so I want them to fail.

"Yow wudun sai that to moi fice!"

fat-spanish-waiter__01.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Howay said:

3CB6B102-1535-48B9-B59E-069431DD17F7.jpeg

:lol: I’ve seen this numerous times on Twitter today, Villa fans claiming we are trying to start a rivalry despite the fact every fucking post I see from them is saying they beat us to signing whatever wank player they’ve signed. In fact this chain was also on a post about how they’re beating us to players and spending more than us, it’s fucking May ffs. 

Also, they literally made banners about us going down the boring, small time Brummy nonces. 

HAVE THE FUCKIN YAM YAM CUNTS SEEN THIS?  HAVE THEY EVEN GOT A @Diego21??? :D 

5797F4C4-FE46-402D-A8F8-08A080007372.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Is no one going to talk about the Neymar stories? That's the sort of thing you oughta be all over after being taken over by sports washing gazillionaires. Good for selling the new Saudi shirt too :up: 

Not that I'm entertaining the idea for a moment but a marquee signing like that would certainly give us more leverage when it comes to justifying our billion pound a year shirt sponsorship deal.

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Sean Casey posted this first. :cuppa:

Where does he feature on @Andrew's league table of journo accuracy?  On mine he's 'blatant digital bullshitter, to be found in his mums spare room surrounded by crusty kleenex tissues" 

• Like 1

I’m so fucking chilled about our summer business. Whatever happens we KNOW players are incoming, we KNOW we will start next season with a fitter squad and we KNOW we have a good manager supported by the board.

What a time to be alive :) 

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m so fucking chilled about our summer business. Whatever happens we KNOW players are incoming, we KNOW we will start next season with a fitter squad and we KNOW we have a good manager supported by the board.

What a time to be alive :) 

Bookmarked for the inevitable crybaby routine. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

100% not going to happen. (However I would be a bit disappointed if we don’t get a new striker).

Why is Paquetta 100% not going to happen? I hope you’re not basing that on Luke “Henry Mauriss” Edwards’ assessment 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why is Paquetta 100% not going to happen? I hope you’re not basing that on Luke “Henry Mauriss” Edwards’ assessment 

I think he meant the crybaby routine 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season