Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

11 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Newcastle United make new moves for Sven Botman and Moussa Diaby | The Northern Echo

Ashworth in as director, along with Botman and Diaby as our first signings would be a very nice start to the summer. As for Diaby playing in the same position or being similar to ASM, Diaby played predominantly on the right for Leverkusen last season according to Transfermarkt, and his numbers stand him out as much more clinical than ASM has ever been in his career. Having a winger who seems to be comfortable on either flank is a great asset. 

Surely Diaby for Almiron/Fraser which would probably allow ASM more room. They can switch wings as required. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Just in case it actually happens 😀👍Looks like he can shoot with either foot, so he's already got one up on ASM in that respect. 

I know this is a highlight video but fucking hell he looks a player, great touch and control, quick, direct, and a range of finishes/assists. I would never have thought we could have went right from Fraser/Almiron/Murphy to a player like him - then again we went from Longstaff to Bruno I suppose :lol: 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'But jaysus, we don't even have a table and chair'

'Sure nip back to the 1980's and grab one from the local primary school'

:lol:

Our tables still had inkwells in them. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Alex Murphy joins the academy from Galway.

ALEX-MURPHY-2.jpg

I spent some brilliant time in Galway when they won the Gaelic football final against Meath in 2001.

I think we played West Ham the same day with Di Canio scoring. My memory is a bit blurred though after drinking a bit too much.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Alex Murphy joins the academy from Galway.

ALEX-MURPHY-2.jpg

Signwriter- “ Done, looks grand tbs tbs”

Galway- “ It’s Eamonn Deacy Park, ya feckin eedjit! “

Signwriter-“ Pour us a pint, I’ll be done before it’s settled!”

Galway- “ Fair fucks to ye!”

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Inkwells !!! You were lucky, we had to make do with a clay tablet and a stick (in’t middle t’road)

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

Casey and Burnsie AT ODDS 

Fucking hell an “I’m more ITK than you” stand off :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Mine did at first school too :lol: the desk lids were often utilised as finger jammers too 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Casey and Burnsie AT ODDS 

Gob of the Tyne blocked me for saying he was out of order for trying to get that Norwich coach into bother when all he did was go into the stand to their ball back. I wasn’t even abusive, just pointed out he should have a word with himself for trying to get someone the sack. Funnily enough he’s not as influential as he thinks and his campaign wasn’t a success 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Mercato PSG, Newcastle : Reims fixe ses conditions pour Ekitike (dailymercato.com)

Stade de Reims has planned to transfer its striker Hugo Ekitike during the next summer transfer window. In an interview with L'Union, Reims President Jean-Pierre Caillot revealed his demands.

Author of 11 goals this season, in 26 appearances, Hugo Ekitike (19) is promised a bright future. His departure from Reims during the next summer transfer window is no longer in doubt and was confirmed by Jean-Pierre Caillot this Monday in the columns of L'Union: "The file is following its course and it will be transferred" , assured the president of Reims.

It remains to be seen where the young French striker will continue his progress. At PSG, the last candidate proclaimed? "He has the qualities to join this type of club one day, but I think it's still too early," replies Caillot, who would on the other hand see him sign in Newcastle, interested since last winter: "It's typically the kind of environment where he could continue to grow and move on."

More than 20 M€ and a percentage on resale
While Ekitike only has two years left on his contract and played little in the second half of the season due to injury, how much are Reims claiming? "The amount should be more than 20 million euros. Afterwards, you have to know how to be reasonable", confides Caillot, before specifying that Reims also wants a percentage on a future resale.

Last winter, the president of Reims said he wanted €30m + €10m in realizable bonuses as well as 25% on a future resale. It therefore seems to have lowered its requirements. In addition to PSG and Newcastle, several other European clubs would be on the lookout, from West Ham to Dortmund via Bayern Munich. But according to L'Union, the two German tracks have cooled down.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The author of 11 goals, the Amazon best-seller 

Google translate is a bit rudimentary :lol:

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season