Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

:lol: I think he’s honestly just coming out with shite because it makes the £60m - £80m spend he had heard about confusing to him as he doesn’t have a fucking clue how FFP works. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Zinchenko is looking amazing against Scotland. However Scotland’s speciality is making other teams and players look amazing.

He was brilliant wasn’t he?

I’m well up for signing him now, he’a not a left back though.

If the Ekitike deal is happening then I reckon we should go for Cavani on a free.

Perfect mentor, can still bang the goals in, big name.

Its a terrible idea, but he is one of those players I've always wanted to play for us.

• Haha 2

Can't see Cavani wanting to share the number 9 spot with Wilson after the time he had at Man U, especially given his age. He'll want to be the main man and guaranteed starter. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Hasn't signed yet, and obviously YouTube compilations can make anyone look special, but his first touch is undeniably decent, to put it mildly. 

He looks like Messi compared to Chris Wood

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gwan Wor Sean lad

Is there anything in that tweet that isn't just a summary of stuff we all already know?

edit: or that isn't completely unverifiable if it doesn't happen

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Hasn't signed yet, and obviously YouTube compilations can make anyone look special, but his first touch is undeniably decent, to put it mildly. 

reminds me a bit of Kanu from that. Built like a player whose first touch shouldn’t be that good but is 

I think if we sign this kid our strength in depth up front will be at a level we haven't seen in years. Don't think we should worry on this one, next year isn't necessarily about anything other than entrenching ourselves in the top half really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The telltale sign of your bollocks ITK account: constant posting and reposting in order to get what they really want I.e. attention

:lol: Nicely sums him up. The sponsorship bit especially, man. As though it was a possibility we weren’t getting new sponsors. I can imagine imminent patter along the lines of “I’ve heard it could be announced as early as next week” followed by congratulatory “I told you” type tweets or “slight delay as some of the details await final approval” depending on how lucky his guess on the timing is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I might be drunk on general giddiness at the state of the club atm but I think Wood might score a few more next season. Good penalty taker as well which will help for the FA Cup Semi Final

I think so too, with trippier and whoever we bring in at left back supplying actual crosses and a preseason training with the squad I can see him having much better output next season.

He's managed at least ten every season for a chronically uncreative burnley side before now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I might be drunk on general giddiness at the state of the club atm but I think Wood might score a few more next season. Good penalty taker as well which will help for the FA Cup Semi Final

I don’t think he’s shite, my earlier comment being tongue firmly in cheek. And we definitely wouldn’t  have gone on that winning run without him as a focal point. He’s never going to be particularly mobile though 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think so too, with trippier and whoever we bring in at left back supplying actual crosses and a preseason training with the squad I can see him having much better output next season.

He's managed at least ten every season for a chronically uncreative burnley side before now. 

playing in a 4-4-2 though. he looks ineffective as a lone striker. I think he’ll be mainly used as a sub when we’re chasing the game alongside Wilson and he might chip in with the odd goal off the bench if we switch to that system.

My problem with him is when we inevitably go through a couple of months when Wilson is injured. I don’t want to have to rely on Wood again as our main striker because he doesn’t have the right qualities to play the way Howe wants his number 9 to play. 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The telltale sign of your bollocks ITK account: constant posting and reposting in order to get what they really want I.e. attention

agreed. I still follow him on Twitter though 

Face Palm No GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

playing in a 4-4-2 though. he looks ineffective as a lone striker. I think he’ll be mainly used as a sub when we’re chasing the game alongside Wilson and he might chip in with the odd goal off the bench if we switch to that system.

My problem with him is when we inevitably go through a couple of months when Wilson is injured. I don’t want to have to rely on Wood again as our main striker because he doesn’t have the right qualities to play the way Howe wants his number 9 to play. 

I honestly think he'll be fine, I don't think he'll post the 14 goals or whatever his best for burnley was, because I don't think he'll play enough to do so.

But by next season we'll be the best side he's ever played in, and he has a record of getting goals in the league. He'll do fine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I honestly think he'll be fine, I don't think he'll post the 14 goals or whatever his best for burnley was, because I don't think he'll play enough to do so.

But by next season we'll be the best side he's ever played in, and he has a record of getting goals in the league. He'll do fine.

fine off the bench in a two, sure. I just hope we don’t end up having to watch him starting as a lone striker for two or three months again. Perhaps signing this ekitike kid will prevent that happening  

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season