Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

15 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Zinchenko is looking amazing against Scotland. However Scotland’s speciality is making other teams and players look amazing.

When we signed him, he was a number 10 but Pep converted into an emergency left back.

We like to push him infield sometimes to make the opposition think there are 2 Kevin De Bruyne's.

Pep likes to play midfielders all over the pitch. Sometimes i wonder if Ederson's actually a midfielder.

• Like 3

On 31/05/2022 at 21:53, Andrew said:

Didn't realise he's only been at City two seasons, we need more depth at CB and he can cover left back as well which is useful.

Ake is, at best, okay. Took him ages to adapt to our way of playing. although to be fair most players seem to take a year to adapt to us. but he seems to have mistakes in him, plus, despite his leap, he's pretty short for a central defender. I'm in no rush to see any City player go but i wouldn't be sad either.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

agreed. I still follow him on Twitter though 

Face Palm No GIF

clearly you’ve not been honest enough yet to earn a block.

image.thumb.png.dec8bcf88fa8dc2f9ef0f5904a474f6d.png

The author. On secondment at the Daily Express. Works for some sort of local news aggregator. Genuinely 10 rungs below Lee Ryder on the journalistic totem pole. 

IGNORE. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It’s the fucking express honestly, linking to it should be a 3 day ban.

Who’s scuppered the deal? Prince Phillip? 

• Haha 1

Mark Douglas has contradicted Keith Downie and has said that we want at least one more striker in after Ekitike, should that deal be finalised. From what I've seen of Douglas he doesn't tend to make definitive statements unless he actually knows something, and I'd tend to trust him a lot more over some of the stuff Downie comes away with, but perhaps someone can tell me different. It's an interesting one if Howe intends to keep playing with one up top, which most teams do nowadays. If you have Wilson, Wood, Ekitike, and one other you wonder how they'll all get enough minutes. Wood probably won't be that hard to handle, he'll probably not kick up too much of a fuss, Wilson will unfortunately likely be injured for a long stretch at some point, but both Ekitike and presumably whoever else we bring in won't want to be farting about being an understudy to Wilson, waiting for him to get injured. Ekitike can play out wide as well of course. 

Edited by Polarboy

5 hours ago, Polarboy said:
Ekitike can play out wide as well of course. 

This is what it boils down to I believe, he's not comparable to Wilson so it depends whether they're happy to have Wood deputise when Wilson is invariably injured or if they want someone else. I can't see Howe playing Ekitike up top on his own from the start of a game.

The other variable to consider is whether Howe, with whomever we sign will have us playing more possession based football. Every indication is he wants a high tempo pressing game which goes hand in hand with playing possession football, which means having more varied options up front is important as we may play with wingers further up the pitch or someone in behind Wilson.

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Newcastle being Newcastle means that Wilson will probably do his ligaments in the first match and Ekitike will be thrown in well before he’s ready and everyone will think he’s shite.

And somwhere in the world Jon Dahl Thommason pisses himself laughing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Newcastle being Newcastle means that Wilson will probably do his ligaments in the first match and Ekitike will be thrown in well before he’s ready and everyone will think he’s shite.

That was Ashley et al 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season