Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Going to be a relatively quiet week then?

Bookmark the shit out of that Wykiki. Casey will need reminding he's been talking bollocks again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Going to be a relatively quiet week then?

Bookmark the shit out of that Wykiki. Casey will need reminding he's been talking bollocks again.

😂 Exactly. 

On 10/06/2022 at 19:24, Polarboy said:

I might have my YouTube googles on, but Scamacca looks decent. He's quick and has great close control for a big lad. And you have to say it's impressive that he scored 16 league goals in a mid table team in Sassuolo. 

Berardi is the player to go for there. actually just take both eh? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, long term big Joe might not be the answer but I think he’s saved us having to spend big in that position this summer. I think we’d be better off for now doubling down in attacking players 

front foot pressing and releasing the ball in to spaces for runners is what he is good at. he is not a "6" (Bruno would be a shoe in for us as a deeper lying schemer, and can win the ball back.  i'd say he is a really useful player for us, and has bought into the new role. 

14 hours ago, Polarboy said:

They likely want him to replace Fernandinho, but is he going to get in the team ahead of Rodri? Pep likes to rotate, and maybe there'd be games were he wouldn't want to play both De Bruyne and Silva and start two defensive mids, but starts for Philips would likely still be sporadic at best. 

We City fans feel pretty much the same. Replacement for Fernandinho. Take some of the load of Rodri.Very risky for Kalvin Phillips in a world cup year as Rodri is probably the first name on our team sheet (after Ederson). 

• Like 1

City sign Haaland but watch the press try and make Nunez sound like the better deal.

Haaland costs less, is genuinely a city fan, is younger (just) and has ridiculous stats. whereas Nunez is a nonce (probably)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

City sign Haaland but watch the press try and make Nunez sound like the better deal.

Haaland costs less, is genuinely a city fan, is younger (just) and has ridiculous stats. whereas Nunez is a nonce (probably)

I thought he was a Leeds fan.

7 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I thought he was a Leeds fan.

I suspect he followed both. but there are loads of pics out there of him as a little one in city shirts. His dad played for both.

I wonder how long we'll see him out on the town with Grealish and Foden.

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I saw a Twitter poll earlier asking who would score more next season of the two. :lol: I know who my money is on.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know fuck all about Haaland but I didn't realise you were going to get him for that cheap (relatively speaking in the insane world of transfers these days). 

The key is the money earns Dortmund is low, but not the money spend Man City. 

Near to 70 Millions € to Dortmund, but 30 Millions for Haaland father and 50 million for his agency. 

It is a deal similar to the one Haaland got when he went from Salzburg to Dortmund. So it was 22 million for Salzburg, 15 for Mino Raiola and 15 for Haaland's father.

I do not understand how a transfer can be made with such high amounts for the father and the agent, unless they have a percentage of the player and it is not 100% of the clubs.

2 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

The key is the money earns Dortmund is low, but not the money spend Man City. 

Near to 70 Millions € to Dortmund, but 30 Millions for Haaland father and 50 million for his agency. 

It is a deal similar to the one Haaland got when he went from Salzburg to Dortmund. So it was 22 million for Salzburg, 15 for Mino Raiola and 15 for Haaland's father.

I do not understand how a transfer can be made with such high amounts for the father and the agent, unless they have a percentage of the player and it is not 100% of the clubs.

fairly sure those other numbers have been hyped up in the same way his clause was up until it was triggered,

but don't be surprised that city have got a player in cheap. Bernado Silva 43m, Kevin De Bruyne 54m, Zinchenko 1.7m, Gundogan 21m, Jesus 27m, Alvarez 15m

some big fees but no bidding wars. we tend to walk away when the price goes up. Think Sanchez and Fred to man united.

2 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

It’s typical Liverpool bias that suddenly the press are drawing comparisons between the two. The same huckles hadn’t even heard of Nunez until January, Nunez may turn out to be a class player but he’s had one good goal scoring season in Portugal, meanwhile Haaland has been scoring an absurd amount of goals for years now and he’s still only 21 :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I saw a Twitter poll earlier asking who would score more next season of the two. :lol: I know who my money is on.

Fuck your money, who's Gemmill's free bet on.

28 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s typical Liverpool bias that suddenly the press are drawing comparisons between the two. The same huckles hadn’t even heard of Nunez until January, Nunez may turn out to be a class player but he’s had one good goal scoring season in Portugal, meanwhile Haaland has been scoring an absurd amount of goals for years now and he’s still only 21 :lol: 

Hopefully Ekitike outscores Nunez

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season